Retirement #s, UAL, NW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I know somebody posted about a feature on a site where you could but your potential hire date in, and your age, and it would tell you your seniority number when you retired.

I couldn't find that post, or the website.

Maybe someone else???

cliff
YIP

PS-I do know a lot of older DAL guys retired, while NWA has a lot of older guys still there.

NWA has about 150+ a year from 2007-11, and 180-200+ a year from 2012-2016. Approx. 1600 thru 2016.

Last edited:
NWA has about 650 in the next 3 years, offset by 700 plus positions lost due to announced parking of dc-9's and a-319's.

Enjoy the stagnation

NWA has about 650 in the next 3 years, offset by 700 plus positions lost due to announced parking of dc-9's and a-319's.

Enjoy the stagnation

So they won't need to hire? Or did I just read that wrong?

With a 2025 retirement date for me, I'm now glad I didn't return to United. If memory serves me....I think I would have retired at about number 1500 at United. That means that when I would be 55 years old that I'd still be number 4000.

Of course, my magic 8 ball could just be playing with me and I might have been better off going back.

Good luck to all those pursuing United. Hopefully they'll get back much of what has been lost in the last six years.

GP

You generally don't hire when you're parking airplanes.

We parked 17 planes and hired like crazy due to attrition. I see your point though. So although Northwest is saying they are going to hire they really aren't going to hire as much as they say they are? Is that what you're getting at?

You think some of the Legacy carriers might be "hyping" their hiring so they get better qualified applicants because they know no one would want to sit at the bottom for long that had a good Regional CA job right now? Seems plausible.

When age 65 changes obviously all "retirements" for 5 years will be zero. Some people will get out early, but I think most will want the extra years of senior captain pay.

Latest resources

Back