• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If pilots could free themselves from the Railway Labor Act, and recognizance we need a true National Union, with a National Seniority list, we might actually get somewhere in a free market.
Yes a national union did wonders for the maritime industry. Fantastic wages, great benefits, and all you do is sit around the union hall waiting for your next gig. From the largest shipping fleet in world to about 25 boats sailing under the US Flag

Yes a national union did wonders for the maritime industry. Fantastic wages, great benefits, and all you do is sit around the union hall waiting for your next gig. From the largest shipping fleet in world to about 25 boats sailing under the US Flag

No union can protect entirely against bad management. I'm sure your employees (as evidenced by turnover rate) will attest to that.

I certainly wouldn't expect a middle management lackey to be pro-union. Happy Mother's Day old man.

Last edited:
No union can protect entirely against bad management. I'm sure your employees (as evidenced by turnover rate) will attest to that.

I certainly wouldn't expect a middle management lackey to be pro-union. Happy Mother's Day old man.
turnover rate compared to what? SWA? or Central Air Cargo? Typical pilot has been here an average of 10 years, no one leaves for anywhere except a career move, which we encourage. Many of the older pilots are making so much they could not affrod to go anywhere else. Top guy was close to $180K last year. BTW. I not sure how I get tagged as management, as DA-20 stds, I don't set pay, work rules or any of stuff. BTW Good management can not over come a bad union, and if you are lucky some day you too may be reffered to as an old man. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Last edited:
Let's look at some current issues.

Q. Who wanted to pass a law making it possible to use the cockpit voice recorder to arbitrarily against pilots?
A. Republican Jim Demint (SC)

Q. Who is delaying the rule to change rest rules, and trying to strip certain segments of aviation out of protections?
A) Republican James Inhofe (OK)

Q. Who wants to change the way Unions organize, to make it more difficult for workers to organize?
A. Republican John Mica (FL)
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/...union-legislation-in-FAA-reauthorization-bill

Q. Who wants to tie the FAA's hands in making new rules, to make sure they don't financially burden the airlines?
A. Republicans

It goes on and on.

While I don't think the Democrats are utopia, they don't hate labor like the Republicans.

Lets face it, both sides suck. Left, Right, it does not matter. They will say or do whatever it takes to get elected. and do whatever it takes to preserve their position once they obtain it.

If any of you expect an elected official to improve your life. You will be very disappointed. They are simply improving their own. You are the only one capable of improving your life. Both parties have done a masterful job of convincing people that you can't do it with out them. Thus creating the die hard party followers. Wake Up!

Last edited:
it amazes me how many pilots vote republican and they're over here making a paltry $50-80K a year while their CEO's are making an order of magnitude more and filling the pockets of R candidates with contributions to keep unions weak..

I don't like the D's much myself, but of the two evils, their certainly the lesser..

I mean, does anyone really think the R's want to cut YOUR taxes? it's the top 1% they care about. at least the D's now want to keep people below $250K where they're at and only raise taxes on those making more... which frankly would go a LONG way to paying down this overblown debt.. we're at the lowest marginal tax rates in decades for the top 1% and yet they want to keep cutting..

don't blame that on unions.... blame it on corporations that got the governemnt to allow them to OUTSOURCE... that's why we've lost a lot of jobs, union and otherwise in this country... unions are ILLEGAL in China... wana be like them??

Learn from Germany and France, the Swiss, or the Dutch.... they are making it work, and kicking our economic asses.. all while supporting the rest of the 3rd world members of the EU like Ireland and Greece.

don't blame that on unions.... blame it on corporations that got the governemnt to allow them to OUTSOURCE... that's why we've lost a lot of jobs, union and otherwise in this country... unions are ILLEGAL in China... wana be like them??

Learn from Germany and France, the Swiss, or the Dutch.... they are making it work, and kicking our economic asses.. all while supporting the rest of the 3rd world members of the EU like Ireland and Greece.
free country, write your elected offical, tell him you want 'Right to Work" outlawed. BTW The unions in Germany are under Gov't control. The gov't has the right to void a union contract if it does not increase productivity, one of the reason the Germans do so well. I bet they don't have 76 job classifications in their assembly plants.

Latest resources

Back