• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pass me some of that yummy Koolaid... I need a dose of lala land.

Typical I'm to weak to do it for myself response. I'll buy the book for you if you'll read it and do it. PM me your address. How's that for passing the yummy kookaid. When you're debt free, I'll buy the first round. Welcome to the beginning of personal responsibility. It's a great journey. Let me know if I can help.

Typical I'm to weak to do it for myself response. I'll buy the book for you if you'll read it and do it. PM me your address. How's that for passing the yummy kookaid. When you're debt free, I'll buy the first round. Welcome to the beginning of personal responsibility. It's a great journey. Let me know if I can help.

listen kid... I am financially independent and work for fun..literally.. I fly around the world in a big airbus and get laid at every stop.. I owe nothing to anyone, and own everything from my cars to my toys fee and clear. I'm both lucky and skilled at what I've done to get where I am.

With all that as a caveat, I also have a lot of sympathy for those who don't have it as good as I do.. maybe they weren't as lucky.. maybe they lost their job due to some greedy corporate bastard who sent their jobs over here to the next world superpower.. I have no problem funding the retirements of my parents generation who relied on social security and medicare.. I pay my legal taxes, and I donate even more. I have a lot, but I'm not greedy. I also give a lot, and I sleep well as a result. So keep your book and your Fox News "I got mine, get your own" propaganda.. it won't work on me. I have a conscience.

listen kid... I am financially independent and work for fun..literally.. I fly around the world in a big airbus and get laid at every stop.. I owe nothing to anyone, and own everything from my cars to my toys fee and clear. I'm both lucky and skilled at what I've done to get where I am.

With all that as a caveat, I also have a lot of sympathy for those who don't have it as good as I do.. maybe they weren't as lucky.. maybe they lost their job due to some greedy corporate bastard who sent their jobs over here to the next world superpower.. I have no problem funding the retirements of my parents generation who relied on social security and medicare.. I pay my legal taxes, and I donate even more. I have a lot, but I'm not greedy. I also give a lot, and I sleep well as a result. So keep your book and your Fox News "I got mine, get your own" propaganda.. it won't work on me. I have a conscience.

I'm very glad for you. I don't mind helping those that have been through troubled times either. I will not; however, help those that will not help themselves. If you feel the need to help people like that, than do it through various charity organizations. Please don't force me to support your charity by helping those that don't help themselves by raising my taxes.

P.S. I don't watch Fox news. I don't really watch any of it. I decided that it was a waste of my time to be consumed by issues that I have no control over. The only problems that I can fix are my own. I'll work on those first, before I concern myself with everyone else's.

Last edited:
I'm very glad for you. I don't mind helping those that have been through troubled times either. I will not; however, help those that will not help themselves. If you feel the need to help people like that, than do it through various charity organizations. Please don't force me to support your charity by helping those that don't help themselves by raising my taxes.

We really don't spend that much .. if you notice, the payroll tax more than offsets the spending on social security and almost all of medicare. We just don't take in enough.

Look at the corporate income tax part of the income part of this budget.
(sorry for the wiki link to those who hate Wiki, but I frankly think it's a good place for info).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_United_States_federal_budget

Corporations like GE, Walmart, and Viacom are hardly paying any taxes... and all the while shipping jobs overseas and then the re-imported products are NOT taxed, or tariffed.. This is the problem. Even Donald Trump, a huge advocate for the rich is saying so much.

We really don't spend that much .. if you notice, the payroll tax more than offsets the spending on social security and almost all of medicare. We just don't take in enough.

Look at the corporate income tax part of the income part of this budget.
(sorry for the wiki link to those who hate Wiki, but I frankly think it's a good place for info).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_United_States_federal_budget

Corporations like GE, Walmart, and Viacom are hardly paying any taxes... and all the while shipping jobs overseas and then the re-imported products are NOT taxed, or tariffed.. This is the problem. Even Donald Trump, a huge advocate for the rich is saying so much.

I agree with you on that. We're talking about a different animal now though. My original point was about individual income tax on personal wages. The burden should not be placed on people like you and me. It should be shared equally. Corporations included.

I agree with you on that. We're talking about a different animal now though. My original point was about individual income tax on personal wages. The burden should not be placed on people like you and me. It should be shared equally. Corporations included.

Well, on that note we can fully agree.

BTW, you play the bass? I'm assuming.
I've got two Master built jazz and both Ampeg and Mesa gear.

Thank you; good to see someone open minded enough to see the bigger picture. Michigan is a classic example of the one of the most pro-union states in the country. It is also the one with the largest drop in population in the country, the largest loss of jobs, and a place where union companies declare BK to stay in business. States like OK, ND, SC, and IN are "Right to work States" where the people are morning in order to find the jobs. They still have unions, they still have collective bargaining, but you just don't have to have your dues flow into the Dem coffers if you don't want to. It has something to do with individual freedom as opposed to politically correct thinking imposed by a union boss. BTW thanks for the name calling in the other posts it is so FI. As for union stuff been there done that, one thing unions can not do in the private sector is to guarantee jobs

Nevada is a right to work state and it has the single highest rates of unemployment, and foreclosure in the country. Nevada also has some of the lowest corporate taxes, and relatively low union membership of all 50 states and has a gigantic budget deficit.
It looks like the Republican mantra of right to work, no unions, and low corporate taxes is just a fairytale.

It looks like the Republican mantra of right to work, no unions, and low corporate taxes is just a fairytale.

Not at all. It does exactly what the Republicans want it to do: it makes the rich richer. It's just all of us dumb poor and middle class people who keep buying into the sales pitch and helping them screw over all of us.

Latest resources

Back