• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommended Watch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem with the Rolex (if it's your only watch) is that it gets caught under a double cuff (French cuff) shirt and therefore you need a dress watch for those times your wearing a dress shirt (preferably a Charvet).
Rolex is a great watch- the Dassault Falcon of the watch world if you like.

Now I need to buy the right dress shirt! This is getting expensive....!!

The Calatrava is nice, very simple and timeless.

If you are on a budget and want a similar watch of high quality and in the same vein get yourself an Omega DeVille. I have a very old one that is manual wind and think it looks every bit the part of a Patek, without the name.

Truth be told only a handfull of people will ever know that you are wearing an expensive Patek or Breguet or IWC etc. and not a Fossil of the same general design. If you wear a Rolex, everyone recognizes it mainly due to the cyclops. If you are sporting a Sea Dweller (no cyclops) most won't realize it's a Rolex, it's the cyclops that people identify with.

I love watches

Gv

Stopped flying corporate many years ago but I seem to remember a small task called loading bags :rolleyes: . I'm not involved with that on the Airbus but I still leave my Daytona at home, besides how you going to get a pay increase if you're wearing a better timepiece than the boss?

Stopped flying corporate many years ago but I seem to remember a small task called loading bags :rolleyes: . I'm not involved with that on the Airbus but I still leave my Daytona at home, besides how you going to get a pay increase if you're wearing a better timepiece than the boss?
If your wearing a better timepiece than the boss you're in the wrong job. 'nuff said.
Oh, and since nobody asked, the Breitling SuperOcean works for me just fine. Not glitzy but those who appreciate a good watch notice it all the time.

Last edited:
Stopped flying corporate many years ago but I seem to remember a small task called loading bags :rolleyes: . I

Isn't that what the FO is doing in the back of the aircraft while I'm standing at the top of the stairs with the FA saying, "Welcome aboard, Mr. Big, MS. Gotrocks"?

GV

If your wearing a better timepiece than the boss you're in the wrong job. 'nuff said.
Oh, and since nobody asked, the Breitling SuperOcean works for me just fine. Not glitzy but those who appreciate a good watch notice it all the time.

Nice watch, Rice and you're right. As an aside, savvy women have learned to check out a man's shoes and his watch to financially qualify you.

GV

Right! :laugh:

Do you agree or not? I know that women do this, my wife has a few single (smoking hot) friends and they all qualify men using this and a few other things.
Make no mistake, watches (high end) are required equipment in certain professional situations. Wait, we've had this conversation before I believe.

Tater, I think your watch should be BIG, I mean REALLY BIG.
Oh, and make sure it has an E-6b bezel! It's all the rage now! The E-6b is making a huge comeback. Everyone is using them!
Make sure it has at last 30 time zones, including the 30 minute ones in Mombai and Newfoundland. Gotta have those.
Built in sat com and HF with Ft Collins Atomic clock!

I can't believe we are having a thread on this subject. Sheesh! Maybe you should give up the watch idea and just stay in the military. If not, I hope you get hired by someone who has really cool hats too! Then we can start a new thread on Pilot hats and where to wear them. That's another big subject here.

Latest resources

Back