• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommended Watch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard there's a lot of "rough and tumble" between G550 flight crews during layovers....................:)

That used to happen a lot more before the Big G became a General Dynamics company. The corporate culture changed significantly from the vibrant days of Allen Paulson who was known for saying, "You're only as old as the women you feel" to the current pale gray of corporate American mega-company.

GV

That used to happen a lot more before the Big G became a General Dynamics company. The corporate culture changed significantly from the vibrant days of Allen Paulson who was known for saying, "You're only as old as the women you feel" to the current pale gray of corporate American mega-company.

GV

Sounds great now. Where do I sign up? :erm:

I have to agree with other posts. Save the good watch for good, I have a Tag for good, wouldn't want to ruin it in the cockpit. I use my G-shock for work, I love that just as much as my Tag, it's time features stay in sink with the FMS and GPS. The Casio line is good for line flying, it can take a licking and keep on ticking. (oops sorry thats timex)

I have to agree with other posts. Save the good watch for good, I have a Tag for good, wouldn't want to ruin it in the cockpit. I use my G-shock for work, I love that just as much as my Tag, it's time features stay in sink with the FMS and GPS. The Casio line is good for line flying, it can take a licking and keep on ticking. (oops sorry thats timex)

This is the other watch I wear for flying the line, except that mine has a white face and a stainless bezel, a model which Omega no longer offers for 2007. The Omega is more rugged than the Rolex and has the added benefit of having a bas-relief Sea Monster on the back.

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=288

This is my favorite dress watch, one that I'm sure G21Agoose will approve of, he bought a similar model last year. This watch hasn't changed since it was designed in 1932.

http://www.getyourwatch.com/watches/patek_philippe/calatrava/3520a/3520a.html

GV

Remember when Mav was walking up the stairs and Iceman was casually sitting on the rail waiting for him, fumbling with his watch.. and Mav was asked about Cougar showboating with that Mig...

That is the watch you should get!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remember when Mav was walking up the stairs and Iceman was casually sitting on the rail waiting for him, fumbling with his watch.. and Mav was asked about Cougar showboating with that Mig...

That is the watch you should get!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What kind of guidance is that?

Now I have to go back and slo-mo my copy of Top Gun to see if I can figure out what kind of watch Val Kilmer is wearing in that scene to even know what you're talking about.

;)

GV

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=288

This is my favorite dress watch, one that I'm sure G21Agoose will approve of, he bought a similar model last year. This watch hasn't changed since it was designed in 1932.

http://www.getyourwatch.com/watches/patek_philippe/calatrava/3520a/3520a.html

GV

I did indeed. Mine is that exact model but I didn't pay those prices!
The problem with the Rolex (if it's your only watch) is that it gets caught under a double cuff (French cuff) shirt and therefore you need a dress watch for those times your wearing a dress shirt (preferably a Charvet).
Rolex is a great watch- the Dassault Falcon of the watch world if you like.

Latest resources

Back