• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the ASA contract guru's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess what...we are not holding recruiting "job fairs" at Harvard or Yale. Much less the University of Georgia, or hell, Georgia Southern.

I do wonder about the collective brain power in leadership roles within crew planning and scheduling.

I would want the best. However, what I want and what the Company wants, are clearly two different things. Go back and read a few old Among Friends and you'll see how the cream of the crop are picked and moved up the chain around this place. Shouldn't be difficult to figure out.

They promote FA's, crew schedulers, rampers and interns into positions where they can be CONTROLLED. That's it.

I feel like this place is Uganda circa 1972.

Any back patting is simply propaganda and it's uncomfortable for those on the front line who see the monumental incompetence that permeates our life four days a week.

Oh wait we have our own internal "university". Or is that code for anti-crew brainwash class.

Last edited:
This is the company's way of bringing integration back. Since the days of May are not on the final "May" schedule yet, they can do whatever they want and you are NOT pay protected.

This is the company's way of bringing integration back. Since the days of May are not on the final "May" schedule yet, they can do whatever they want and you are NOT pay protected.

Except you usually know prior to the bid being complete so you can adapt. Unlike integration, there are not "off" days that may have flying added. The worst case is days of work that become off days, which is much more acceptable IMHO. You have opportunities to add flying back to make up the time vs being stuck with flying you didn't want. If it really bothers you I'd suggest not bidding for transition pairings (seniority permitting). I haven't had more than one transition pairing in the last 2 years.

Latest resources

Back