Question for the ASA contract guru's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASApuppy

I had a trip at the end of this month that carried over 3 days into May. Scheduling just wiped it all out and I now do DH only on May 1.

Is this pay protected? What section of contract covers this. For the life of me, I can't find it.

Thanx

Hmm same thing happened to me.... DH back on the first.

Maybe we are shutting down closing shop.

No more acey days :-(

I had a trip at the end of this month that carried over 3 days into May. Scheduling just wiped it all out and I now do DH only on May 1.

Is this pay protected? What section of contract covers this. For the life of me, I can't find it.

Thanx

Yes it is. Under compensation and again in Scheduling. If your May award has you off those other days you will get the credit lost. If you end up with an award for May that has you working on those days that were removed you get paid for whichever has the higher credit (not both)

Yes it is. Under compensation and again in Scheduling. If your May award has you off those other days you will get the credit lost. If you end up with an award for May that has you working on those days that were removed you get paid for whichever has the higher credit (not both)

Incorrect. The final award only encompasses the month. (1st-31st) The credit in the next month is not final until you're awarded on the 20th.

Last edited:
This happened to me last month. It was NOT pay protected. My D-0 is now 0%.

Your answer to why this happened is in your company mailbox. What a bunch of minor league bat boys and girls runnig scheduling. Wouldn't you want the best running your scheduling department?

Incorrect. The final award only encompasses the month. (1st-31st) The credit in the next month is not final until you're awarded on the 20th.

This is the correct answer, since May final awards are not out yet...its not protected at all...a lot of this has been happening last three months. I think its time for a side letter to get this fixed!!!

I tried to file a grievance on this a while back, guess how helpful alpa was...(their response to me was " it happened far enough in advance you counld have bid around it") the company claims it is not pay protected and will not pay despite clear wording in the 3.G.4.A (cancellation pay paragraph)saying ...

"On a leg-by-leg basis, a regular pilot who has a trip, or portion thereof, cancelled or involuntarily removed from his schedule for any reason other than his own illness, injury, leave of absence, retirement, training failure or delay, suspension, termination or failure to report, will be paid and credited his actual flight pay hours or scheduled flight pay hours, whichever is greater. For purposes of this paragraph, "schedule" includes all trips for which a pilot is responsible regardless of the method by which he is assigned or awarded the trip. Once a trip is assigned, it is part of a pilot's schedule."

Once that trip appears on Sched+ it has been assigned. I can't call Scott or King Tutt and tell them I don't feel like doing that trip because, wait for it,.... they are holding me RESPONSIBLE for that trip... If I'm responsible for it WHY THE **** AM I NOT PAY PROTECTED?!?!?! This section is self defining and is clear cut, you should be pay protected for the entirety of any trip that you can view on your Sched+, alas it is not. I think two class action law suits would be the only cure for this ill.

I feel for the guys who will have their vacation screwed because of this snafu.

Good luck but the company won't pay and alpa won't help... just another service offered for your 2%

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back