Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Restructuring Agreement

Attachment B and B-3 huh?

No problem. I have the agreement right in front of me, all you have to do is tell me which part of the multi-page attachments you are referencing and I'll be happy to post that information.

For the moment I'll assume you're referencing the section below.

Attachment B - Small Jets

Placement of Small Jets

Definitions:
  • "MDA": MidAtlantic Airways
  • "Participating Wholly-Owned Carrier": a carrier wholly owned by US Airways Group, Inc., other than MDA, that participates in the Jets for Jobs Protocol (Attachment B-3) and in the restructuring program.

Participation:
  • Each of the Wholly-Owned and Affiliate Carriers will be offered an opportunity to participate in this program based upon the terms stated herein. Should a Carrier elect not to participate, the program will continue with participation of the carriers that wish to participate.
Placement of Small Jets:

Large SJs: Will be placed only at Mid-Atlantic Airways (MDA)

Medium SJs:
  • The first group of up to 70 Medium SJs may continue to be placed at any carrier under the terms of the existing section ONE and LOA79 of the Agreement. (Note: These are the RJ's already flying with CHQ, Mesa, and TSA)
  • The next group of 70 medium SJs may be placed at participating afiiliares or participating wholly-owned carriers.
  • Additional Medium SJs will be placed at MDA except that US Airways may place other Medium SJs at other participating carriers, but it may do so only if the aggregate number of such additional medium SJs in the active fleets of US Airways Express carriers other than MDA (xcluding those placed under the two bullet points above) shall not exceed 150% of the number of Medium SJs in the active fleet of MDA.

Small SJs: May be placed at MDA, Participating Wholly Owned Carriers, and Participating Affiliate Carriers.

Also in attachment B:

The following is also in attachment B:

Flows Between Carriers:

• Following the recall of all furloughed US Airways pilots, pilots employed by participating wholly-owned carriers shall be eligible to flow through to any new-hire US Airways pilot positions in order of their seniority position on the integrated seniority list of pilots of wholly-owned carriers.
  • Pilots employed by participating wholly-owned carrier who become MDA pilots or US Airways pilots under this attachment B may flow back to their respective participating wholly-owned carriers. US Airways pilot employed by MDA, if furloughed from MDA, may displace into positions at participating wholly-owned carriers in order of their seniority as US Airways pilots as per the jets for jobs protocols (Attachment B-3).

Attachment B-3

Ok...lets see if I can find the part of Attachment B-3 that you might have been talking about... (geez I hope you appreciate this because I'm getting tired of typing)

Attachment B-3: Jets for Jobs Protocol - Carriers other than MDA

Filling of Vacancies: At least 50% of New Vacancies (Captain and First Officer) and 100% of Backfill Vacancies (Captain and First Officer) will be made available to affected pilots and U pilots on a cumulative basis in accordance with this protocol until the affected pilot list ("APL") has been exhausted. A vacancy will be eliminated, and not be included in the formula specified by the foregoing sentence, if no affected pilot has accepted employment to fill the vacancy and no U pilot has bid the vacancy.

Backfill Vacancy: A small-jet position (Captain or First Officer) at a carrier that becomes upon when an affected pilot vacates that position. (essentially the reference to this above keeps the 50% in check as pilots move out of those positions)

Ok...I'm going to skip one or two of the bullet points below because they only reference tracking of the SJs that are placed into service. I'll only copy those sections which I think you were referring to in the posts above. If you think I missed something important, let me know the paragraph and I'll post it

Determination of the Number and Duration of Vacancies:
  • If there is a reduction in the staffing needs of a carrier because of the removal of an additional small jet, the carrier shall determine if it projects an excess of pilots as a result of such reduction. If so, the carrier shall inform the association and may reduce the number of New Vacancies and Backfill Vacancies provided that at least 50% of Vacancies at that carrier will continue to be held by or made available to affected pilots unless the ratio is altered in accordance with the "filling of vacancies" paragraph above.

That was about the only thing in B-3 I could find that you might have any heartburn about. If I missed something, like I said, let me know and I'll copy it for you.

Hopefully this helped.

furloughed, I wasnt even talking to you but since you asked, This all started from the idea that PSA is going to be awash in jets shortly, if you really believe that fine. Forget it, I dont have the patience nor will power to argue with you, heck I really do hope you get them! As far as being extorted and PSA reniging on the ONE Voice thing, the fact that you think that is the right thing to do says it all. We have absolutely nothing in common so I won't waste your time trying to convey any points.
Everyman for himself ALPA at it's finest.

good day and good luck

PSA has the weakest MEC in ALPA history, there is only one true leader there (MZ). Their top leadership must be replaced in-order to restore basic ALPA morals. The very WEAK PSA pilots must replace Toothe, Ebbert, and at least 3 more local members to earn any respect.

Until these iffy pilots are replaced with strong leaders, PSA will become an open sore on ALPA's face.

With Mesa agreeing to Jets for Jobs and flying more jets, I doubt we will ever see RJ's here. Thanks again Mesa for whoring yourselves out.

I as a WO pilot will never cast a stone in Mesa's direction because we have also lowered the bar to the lowest pay rates in the industry. Mesa has better pay. Mesa also will not furlough their pilots so ML pilots can take their jobs. Something we can't say. Even then, they didnt want J4J. But because of our inept leadership we have signed leaving Mesa really no choice. So if you want to call somebody a whore look no further than yours and my own pilot group. PSA signed away on the first day and the other two follwed along two months later. This whole mess is our own doing

Fr8,

I feel your fustration and nobody is happy about anything that has happened in the past months. Were just trying to deal with it as best we can. But after much consideration if the 3 WO'd did not go for this we would've most likely been gone by sometime next year. And still whos to say that that may not still happen, but I think we have a better chance now of staying alive then if we did'nt sign.

There are some drawbacks to the new rates, but I have never seen Mesas' contract so I could'nt say that they are below Mesas. People I have spoken to who have seen their contract say that the begining rates are lower but over time, roughly five years the WO should still be higher with much better work rules. If anyone has a copy of Mesas' contract (pay rates and work rules)I would like to see it.

Remember if not for the contract carriers the WO would have had alot more bargining power.

Take Care,
BTD

MESA PAY vs TA @PSA

I recently spoke with a mesa crew while I was on a deadhead and from they have told me our rates are much better that theirs and that includes how we are paid along with how much. I don't remember the exact amount but do remember that PD is $1 per hour and they are paid segment time not block or better. For what its worth. Not much

I was referring to the fantasy "jet rates" the ones we all will be paid when the hundreds of RJ's show up.

Latest resources

Back