PSA Update...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fr8,
I do agree with you. My post is more out of frustration with our union that anything else. It would be nice to have both sides of the story but I can only get one side. The letter was recent, today. I think that I was just happy to hear something from anybody. I feel like a neglected child....I would rather have negative attention than none at all......How sad it all is, but hey, maybe it will all work out.....:-\

I don't think Dave lied to anyone. The economy is still tanked, people are staying home, and the NW/CO/DL code share could offset a large part of the revenue we were counting on from our codeshare with UA. The airline needs to save money in the short term so it can survive for the long term. And then again, maybe he did lie. I guess we will know in a few weeks.

328, thanks for your reply, I understand your frustration also, we here at ALG also get absolutely 0 info from our union. It would be really nice if they bothered to put out a code a phone once in awhile with some actual info on them. I did get a tidbit from the PDT site, apparently you guys will have access to the "unified now page soon if not already. when this happens we will all be able to communicate directly to each other on a reasonably secure site. I think this can only lead to good things.

Regarding the Siegel letter...

I believe he is referring to concessions from all of the labor groups now, not just the pilots. Our FA's (ALG) have a TA out for vote, and I heard our mechanics told them to stuff it until they provide proof of financial need (something we should have insisted upon as well). One of our FAs was carrying a letter from the union that said in it that Siegel has said that the first wholly owned carrier to get all of their labor groups in line will "get the jets". Whipsawwing at its finest, and who knows how much spin that is, but it seems to be in agreement with the email he sent back, stating that whoever plays gets priority.

I wish the three wholly owneds hadn't all whored themselves out, but what's done is done, we might as well try to get united again, hopefully learning from what happened when the last unification fell apart. We need some true unity, and some true leadership. I fear that we have neither, judging by how the votes went for those who even got to vote.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back