• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PRos and Cons of fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind that there is a vast difference between regionals and majors even though both are airlines.
Helm

Ha!

Bad management.
Crappy hotels.
Bad diet.
Bad pay.
Commute on your own time.
Old worn out airframes.

Yeah. Vast differences.

Ha!

Bad management. You still do work at Netjets, correct? I wouldn't be tooting my horn these days!!
Bad pay. Before '05 and IBB '07 I wouldn't have gone to NJA to work so many days for such low pay.....

Old worn out airframes. again, we're talking about the same Netjets right? The one who's main problem is trying to sell shares in "old worn out airframes that are past their intended life cycle."

Yeah. Vast differences.

Pot meet kettle

Ha!

Bad management.
Crappy hotels.
Bad diet.
Bad pay.
Commute on your own time.
Old worn out airframes.

Yeah. Vast differences.

LOL- we're talking about the airlines again, right?

I think it would be safe to say that someone that was hired prior to June of 2005 would have a drastically different opinion of life at NetJets vs life at an airline.

Pot meet kettle

8000 hour airframe vs 30,000 hour airframe. You tell me. :confused:

I have no comment about our current management team.

This isn't before '05 or '07. This is 2011!!! I would rather be at NetJets now (with out 8000 hour airframes and current management than ANY regional, and 99.9% of LCC's or majors).

8000 hour airframe vs 30,000 hour airframe. You tell me. :confused: Airline management doesn't have to sell shares of a 30,000 airframe.

I have no comment about our current management team. I can comment, they suck, and are holding another 300 pilots (12% of the group) hostage. Plus giving out nothing but conflicting information so nobody can plan for the future. Hell, even 10 year guys have said they're resumes are out TO THE AIRINES....

This isn't before '05 or '07. This is 2011!!! I would rather be at NetJets now (with out 8000 hour airframes and current management than ANY regional, and 99.9% of LCC's or majors).

It is 2011, NJA is in terrible shape, and people are contemplating jumping ship, not just SIC's but PIC's also. Where are they considering? JB, SWA, Delta (whenever they all start hiring)

Don't get me wrong, I liked NJA, but don't for one second think that those major airline guys are going "gee whiz I wish I was at Netjets"...

By saying you pity them, it comes off extremely arrogant. Same with all those years of tooting our horns over how much better NJA was than the other fractionals and corporate operators....Well now when there was a furlough guess who couldn't land jobs...NJA'ers...Why? Possibly supply and demand, but I have a feeling it also had something to do with how arrogant many NJA'ers come across on boards like these. People in hiring positions also read these things and NJA doesn't always give off the best impression when it comes to being arrogant.

Last edited:
An 8000 hour Citation is not in the same league as a 30000 hour Boeing.

By saying you pity them, it comes off extremely arrogant.

I honestly don't give a crap if it looks arrogant. I've done the airline game. I didn't like it. I pity airline pilots.

It is 2011, NJA is in terrible shape, and people are contemplating jumping ship, not just SIC's but PIC's also. Where are they considering? JB, SWA, Delta (whenever they all start hiring)
Hopefully it's the senior guys!

I honestly don't give a crap if it looks arrogant. I've done the airline game. I didn't like it. I pity airline pilots.

There about 495 of us who really wish you (and others) would.

Latest resources

Back