• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PRos and Cons of fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I honestly don't give a crap if it looks arrogant. I've done the airline game. I didn't like it. I pity airline pilots.

Compared to whatever regional you flew for, I'm sure your frac is pretty awesome. I felt the same way when I left a regional for the fracs. The majors are another ballgame completely however.
Now, don't you have a fresh pot of coffee to fetch?

Here's a comparison to Airline vs. Fractional...

I spent 5 years at ACA, a regional airline flying United Express and Delta Connection colors. They left United and Delta in 2004'ish and became Independence Air and promptly went out of business 14 months later.

Anyway, after Independence Air went under I left to fly for Avantair. My logbook program has a feature where it plots all of your flights on a map. (I use LogBook Pro and Route Browser is the mapping software.)

Take a look at the difference in flying. The first represents 5 years at ACA / Independence Air and the second represents only 3 years flying fractional at Avantair. The difference is striking.

5 years at a Regional (ACA / Independence Air) map
Based in KORD and KIAD for the entire time.

3 years at a Fractional (Avantair) map
Based in KMCO (my home) for the entire time.

After you view the pics, remember the first was 5+ years and the second was only 3! That's the difference if you ask me...

Wow! That is a great way to compare the two. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back