Pinnacle Files for Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kopy Dat

So the EAS routes that Colgan covers with the Saabs have all be given notice of discontinuance to the government and Delta has put out a memo to its people about the DC-9s being kept in service and shifted to ATL to replace CRJ's leaving the system. So that looks like 35 or so planes gone for sure. Plus it's sounding like all the Q's will get parked as well since United isn't budging. So that's another 30 to go all before summer. Throw in the obnoxious timing of a massive pay raise to the top execs(that they can give back some of in BK claiming they are making a sacrafice :puke:)
I'd say BK is a better bet than selecting the winner of Super Bowl XL (yes that game already was played).

So the EAS routes that Colgan covers with the Saabs have all be given notice of discontinuance to the government and Delta has put out a memo to its people about the DC-9s being kept in service and shifted to ATL to replace CRJ's leaving the system. So that looks like 35 or so planes gone for sure. Plus it's sounding like all the Q's will get parked as well since United isn't budging. So that's another 30 to go all before summer. Throw in the obnoxious timing of a massive pay raise to the top execs(that they can give back some of in BK claiming they are making a sacrafice :puke:)
I'd say BK is a better bet than selecting the winner of Super Bowl XL (yes that game already was played).

What have you heard regarding the United negotiations? I haven't heard anything new lately.

What have you heard regarding the United negotiations? I haven't heard anything new lately.

Even if we did hear something, it would be propaganda for negotiations. Who knows? If there isn't a deal, may United or 9e are just playing hardball and it will get done at the last minute. There is no way to know unless you are on both sides negotiating.

Q

That the April 2 deadline and short term money was simply United's way of gettting set up to dump Colgan without any disruptions. United simply didn't have any interest continuing with Colgan's product at a higher price. Had the merger been done in a more organized manner (or frankly any matter to where Colgan could have been cleaned up enough) who knows, but I would be guessing with the history of United throwing its partners under the bus, asking for anything more was D.O.A.
The only thing that could have saved the Q's was someone better than :uzi:Trenary and his fellow D.Bag Circus clowns negotiating the original contract with Continental. Basically same thing goes for Delta and the ATL 900's
Flying at a loss in hopes of gaining market share is no way to run a business, yet that's exactly what Trenary did with the 900's and the Q's
Hopefully this is wrong or a LOT of people will be out of work very soon.

Latest resources

Back