• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot tells passengers: this plane's a deathtrap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goinghot you will be in for one heck of a big surprise when you start working in the civilian sector. Your boss will takes advantage of you where he/she 'll let you have it without KY lube. Wait till you see how sore you will be after that, you'll be scraming UNION PLEASE! Welcome to corporate America.:eek:

If this is true, why aren't the 92% of workers in this country who are non-union, doing what you say?????????? What is going on? Are you saying 92% of American workers are just stupid???? I don't know. Please explain. Why aren't Unions breaking out like crab grass in the American work force????

92% of the American people don't work in a safety-related industry where it is important to have checks and balances in place...where its important to be able to say no without fear of reprisals.

So unless you've worked both civillian union aviation, and civillian non-union aviation your opinion means little anyway since you are missing experience.

-PF

92% of the Amercan people don't fly helicopters, nor do they have any desire to. Ergo, flying helicopters is a bad thing, and helicopter pilots a vanishing breed. If flying helicopters was a good or noble thing, helicopter flight schools would be "breaking out like crabb grass" all over the country.

Sorry to take this thread off-topic...

Dude, don't get your panties in a wad. It's just one man's opinion. However, considering the fact that only 7.8% of non-government U.S. workers are union members, my opinion seems to be the majority opinion by a WIDE MARGIN. Few people are rushing out to form new unions or join existing ones.

If your union gets you what you want, I'm happy for you. I hope it continues to work for you and gets better. But if you take a second to be honest with yourself, you will realized the American Labor Union is on life support, and the final plug may be pulled any day. Is that good or bad for the country? I don't know.

Speaking in generalities, the Union movement is probably a victim of it's own success:

http://www.mises.org/story/2124

Why do you guys even bother with this flame bullsh!t. Just take a look at his ratings/time/over all creds, he clearly has no experience to back up his statement. Once he gets into the real world flying the line for a real airline he will get schooled. Unions have there good points and there bad, but until you actually have the education to have an opion don't be such a tool! P.M. me in about ten years when your dry behind the ears and then we can talk. If you like the union or not that is your choice, but remember, never mind you'll have to figure it out yourself! I just hope you don't ever find your way to CAL with that kind of attitude.

One of the few industries that unions are still needed in this country is the airline flying industry. If I have a safety related issue I can feel safe to bring it up without fear of loosing my job. Less skill and safety related industries may not benefit from being part of a union as in the past. I've worked for both union and non union companies and there is no comparison. I would not feel as comfortable buying a ticket for my family or loved ones on an airline that did not have union representation. I'm sorry if this upsets our "Jet B*&e" or "S&y W&%t" friends but it's the truth. There is a diference.

If this is true, why aren't the 92% of workers in this country who are non-union, doing what you say?????????? What is going on? Are you saying 92% of American workers are just stupid???? I don't know. Please explain. Why aren't Unions breaking out like crab grass in the American work force????

Yes, I would say about 92% of American workers are stupid; more like
92.00000000026315% if we include you.

Seriously though, a lot of workers don't have jobs that lend themselves to organization or there would be more organized labor.

Yes, I would say about 92% of American workers are stupid; more like
92.00000000026315% if we include you.

Look guys, I know how sensitive many of you are about unions. I never intended to offend any of you. I only responded because some guy attacks me for the signature block on my profile. This is the reason I try to stay away from getting into discussions about unions, politics, religion, etc. If I don't agree with you, the name calling starts immediately. And you can't even comment if you haven't been a union guy. Unfortunately, there is some extremely thin-skin on this board. The only thing that brings out the thin-skin quicker is PFT, (whatever that is). And you're right, I have no experience as a union worker. Most of my life's experience has been in uniform, where thin-skin is a liability.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I won't apologize for having an opinion. I'm not the Pope.

Can we get passed the Union-Lovefest now? What was this thread about anyway:) ?

The unions killed the airline industry, just like they killed the US auto industry.

To say that "we need a union so we don't get fired for bringing up a safety issue" is just an @ssinine thought process, and compleely indicative of what's completely wrong with this industry.

Anyway, back to the original thread- reminds me of the Delta captain who, upon taxiing out and seeing the insanely long "money line" at ATL, turned around, parked the airplane, grabbed his stuff and upon exiting the bird, told his passengers "Folks, I just resigned! Have a nice day!"

That dude's my hero.

The unions killed the airline industry, just like they killed the US auto industry.

Be careful there Gringo. You keep up that kind of talk, and the Union SWAT Team will break down your door and haul you off to the Union-Re-education Camp.

Latest resources

Back