• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot tells passengers: this plane's a deathtrap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not blame the Captain; he was probably some ex-pat pilot working for this Turkish scumbag airline that has a long list of maintenance issues and has been banned at times from various European countries.

"Friends Don't Let Friends Join Unions"

Talk to me after you've done some time in the real world of Airline flying.

After 20 years, Union and Non-Union, I can definitely tell you the above statement is one made by the woefully uninformed and the greatly inexperienced.
YKW

Dude, don't get your panties in a wad. It's just one man's opinion. However, considering the fact that only 7.8% of non-government U.S. workers are union members, my opinion seems to be the majority opinion by a WIDE MARGIN. Few people are rushing out to form new unions or join existing ones.

If your union gets you what you want, I'm happy for you. I hope it continues to work for you and gets better. But if you take a second to be honest with yourself, you will realized the American Labor Union is on life support, and the final plug may be pulled any day. Is that good or bad for the country? I don't know.

Speaking in generalities, the Union movement is probably a victim of it's own success:

http://www.mises.org/story/2124

Unions may not be perfect but I think a lot of the safety enjoyed by air travelers today can be attributed to pilot unions. They are a necessary evil in professional flying.

Goinghot you will be in for one heck of a big surprise when you start working in the civilian sector. Your boss will takes advantage of you where he/she 'll let you have it without KY lube. Wait till you see how sore you will be after that, you'll be scraming UNION PLEASE! Welcome to corporate America.:eek:

Latest resources

Back