• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picture of one of Delta's new 777LR's getting ready for the paint shop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An airport is an airport!! As long as I can have a few beers after work, I'll be perfectly happy in places LBB. As for 25 min. turns-who cares?? I do it, and have no problem with it. Id rather that then sit in a plane for 7 hrs. Enjoy the world, Ive seen it a few times over and can gladly say that i have no ambition to see it again.

An airport is an airport, eh? Wow, that is sad. Some pilots don't only stay at airport hotels. We also have long 24 hour layovers on most INTL flights, and that allows us to do many different things, like soak up the local culture if you want, or sleep, or eat good food, or get a tan, or just relax. Oh wait, you can do that at home, right? So can I---a 3 day to Europe can be worth 22 or more hours, or I can fly 9 straight and have the rest of the month off if I choose. So, while you waste away in the Quality Inn at LBB, I will be in Vienna, or maybe Rome. And, I am soo glad you saw the world before and don't want to see it again. That is too bad. Really, it's kinda sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

An airport is an airport, eh? Wow, that is sad. Some pilots don't only stay at airport hotels. We also have long 24 hour layovers on most INTL flights, and that allows us to do many different things, like soak up the local culture if you want, or sleep, or eat good food, or get a tan, or just relax. Oh wait, you can do that at home, right? So can I---a 3 day to Europe can be worth 22 or more hours, or I can fly 9 straight and have the rest of the month off if I choose. So, while you waste away in the Quality Inn at LBB, I will be in Vienna, or maybe Rome. And, I am soo glad you saw the world before and don't want to see it again. That is too bad. Really, it's kinda sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not sad at all, I enjoy my time here in the US. Like I said before, I have no desire/ambition to see the world again, been there and done that numerous times. Besides, I eat, sleep, tan, relax perfectly fine where I am. Heck, I even get to snowboard, surf, party, etc as well. But hey, whatever makes ya happy. So enjoy wherever it is you may be, but really, I could care less:beer::p

Not sad at all, I enjoy my time here in the US. Like I said before, I have no desire/ambition to see the world again, been there and done that numerous times. Besides, I eat, sleep, tan, relax perfectly fine where I am. Heck, I even get to snowboard, surf, party, etc as well. But hey, whatever makes ya happy. So enjoy wherever it is you may be, but really, I could care less:beer::p

Great. You go enjoy your job, and I will enjoy mine. I actually enjoy seeing the world on Delta's dime. When I walk up to the gate from the crew room and see "Vienna" or "Copenhagen" or "Buenos Aires"--I smile. I wish you did too, but whatever makes you happy. I also really enjoy being at home with my family, and I enjoy this board as well. Have a good one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow. I'm amazed that some of the people on this board are in command of passenger jets when they demonstrate the emotional maturity of 7th graders.

General,

I wasn't in LBB, sorry. FYI we have maybe 2 planes that RON there. I haven't seen LBB in well over a year.

You seem to know a lot about Lubbock though. Do you live there or something.

As far as my overnight, I went to my room pulled my shades, opened my laptop and pretended I was you on your INT'L trip. I figured we were doing about the same thing. The only difference is I wasn't convicing myself what an awesome time I was having on my laptop typing flightinfo mumbojumbo on my Paris overnight. I even used an Eiffel Tower screen saver while I ate french fries and crepes!

Enjoy your next call from tower.........Northwest 1001 this is Detroit tower, you're cleared for takeoff.

I'll take LBB anyday over DTW!!!!

It's all in fun :)

Seriously, best of luck with your upcoming events. I don't wish the US Airways probs on anyone.

Last edited:

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can't believe you actually write crap like this, and I can't believe I actually took 15 seconds out of my day to read it. :uzi:

I think we have 8 now, with 4 more coming this year. (and 4 the next). And hey, next time you talk to your AA buddies, tell them thanks for the 17 ex TWA 757ERs. They look great in our new paint scheme with winglets.

Bye Bye--General Lee

They looked a WHOLE lot better in TWA's final livery, IMO. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back