• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picture of one of Delta's new 777LR's getting ready for the paint shop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the one I was refering to. If the snow was that bad, why not fire up the APU, shut down the engines, and get towed in? I figure that's a better outcome than taxiing off a paved surface.

that's ironic advice from a guy who's used to taking the dirt road.

Nice looking plane, but they need to replace the Commodore 64 that controls the auto throttles so you can actually get them to the runway on final without crashing.

Plus it holds waaaay too much fuel.

Boeing's having a bad month. First an unprecedented total electrical failure in the 747-400, which could have been disastrous under different circumstances. Now the 777 computer glitches.

Direct Cable 9 any day of the week.;)

He was refering to plane you guys took off the taxiway when Delta was picking up the Bills after they lost to the BROWNS. It was about as bad as of a snow storm you can have in CLE. That Shuttle America plane just left CLE a month or two ago.

I work at S5, and flew the CLE plane a week or so ago when it first came back online. Apparently they had to replace the front half of the aircraft, from around the wing somewhere...forward.

The front half... clean as can be. The back half....dirty as sin. Kinda odd.

Nice looking plane, but they need to replace the Commodore 64 that controls the auto throttles so you can actually get them to the runway on final without crashing.

Plus it holds waaaay too much fuel.

Boeing's having a bad month. First an unprecedented total electrical failure in the 747-400, which could have been disastrous under different circumstances. Now the 777 computer glitches.

Direct Cable 9 any day of the week.;)

Hey Redmeat you better call the authorities and let them know you have found the problem with the 777 as I think they are still investigating the issue and so far computer glitches has not even been mentioned. I thought I was clueless about this accident but I think you have me beat.

Clueless

Well Redmeat first of all I have forgotten more than your likely to know in your lifetime regarding the B777 and along with that I don't get my aviation news from the press which seldom ever gets it right. As for a computer glitch I'll stand by my previous post and go out on a limb further to say it very unlikely. FYI there is no one computer on the B777 that controls both engines as that was deigned out of the equation with ETOPS. So go ahead give me your best and we can agree to disagree.

Latest resources

Back