• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No CUN duty free for flight crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does this mean you cannot buy anything, or you just have to pay taxes on it?

Can't buy booze or ciggies. In CUN they wouldn't let me walk to the terminal WITHOUT the hi-viz jacket (I was looking for a certain coffee brand). I politely declined ...

I never understood the allure of paying for duty free and getting a 10% discount on stuff I can buy for 50% off at Costco or Walmart.

you can't buy everything at costco that you can get in duty free.
it's not the taxes, it's the stock.

Vanilla for baking. Big bottles for $12 at duty-free. Hopefully can still buy on turns.

Nope, cant buy a thing. I tried. The only thing I thought of was throw on a civilian jacket, print a non rev boarding pass and purchase away like every other passenger gets to. Then cancel the reservation and enjoy the duty free.

I never buy duty free stuff. The last thing I want to do is lug around more crap that I don't need.

Some might find humor in this: I did a Bonaire turn; augmented crew. The other FO was encouraging me to buy a 1kg block of Gouda cheese; he bought one there. I guess they're flown in direct from the Netherlands.
I like cheese but Gouda's not my favorite. And there's no way I would be able to consume and give away 1kg of cheese before it went bad.

Latest resources

Back