• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No CUN duty free for flight crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CBP has been on the warpath lately with flight crews. Three days in a row, they used the beagle on us at BWI. They got one of our FAs and she was taken to "the room". Not sure what happened to her. Maybe this is the plan to balance the budget. Shaking down flight crews for food that originated in the U.S.

Interesting link on the vanilla. I always wondered why the bottles said they were Coumarin free. Thanks.

Vanilla for baking. Big bottles for $12 at duty-free. Hopefully can still buy on turns.

You how we know you're gay. Just turn in your man card at the same place that fake girlfriend college football kid did.

Last edited:
PHL CBP has been harassing our crews on returns from YQB (Quebec City, Quebec) for our lunch bags. They re known to confiscate a 4-day's trip worth of food from a crewmember, because they claim they don't know the origin of the items in the bag.

Peace.

Rekks

PHL CBP has been harassing our crews on returns from YQB (Quebec City, Quebec) for our lunch bags. They re known to confiscate a 4-day's trip worth of food from a crewmember, because they claim they don't know the origin of the items in the bag.

Peace.

Rekks

I'd be careful of bringing food into the US, even if it originated in the US. The last thing a crewmember wants to do is get their name on a CBP list for bringing an apple back into the US, as the crewmember would find themselves subject to enhanced inspections every time they returned to the US. I've heard of this happening to a pilot who flew to Asia a lot ... it got so bad that he took a downgrade off of his aircraft to something that only flew domestically.

Latest resources

Back