• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never can tell sometimes the best time to get into something is when everyone says don't get into it. I think of Ford Motor Company in Dec 2008. Everyone said it is going BK, it stock is worthless at $1.78 a share.

That's also called gambling, and I wouldn't gamble with a career choice. I'm sure there are many out there that thought the same about GM or Chrysler stock, just like a career at United, Delta or American. Everyone touts the massive retirements that these three will have in the coming years. The real question is where will all of the hiring be? At the mainline, or at the regional? Those RJ's seem to keep getting bigger and bigger.

That's also called gambling, and I wouldn't gamble with a career choice. I'm sure there are many out there that thought the same about GM or Chrysler stock, just like a career at United, Delta or American. Everyone touts the massive retirements that these three will have in the coming years. The real question is where will all of the hiring be? At the mainline, or at the regional? Those RJ's seem to keep getting bigger and bigger.
I bought 5k shares at a little over 3 and rode it all the way up to 18 and sold them at a little over 16. When Mulally came out and said they weren't going BK I believed him based on his experience. Biggest mistake BA made was letting him get away. BA is going to die a slow death just like McD did. outsourcing all their labor has caused huge problems with the 787. Not deciding to introduce a replacement for the 737 is another mistake. Did you know McD management is running BA now? Short, short, short. How many completed 787 hulls do they have that are worthless because the cost of repairing them would add too much weight and expense. They have to deliver 1200 787's just to reach break even now.

I didn't say they were seated in first class necessarily. I'm saying they pay more for tickets. They like assigned seats and to be fed most generally.

We don't have a common frame of reference. I didn't fail to mention Spirit and Allegiant or Airtran. There is nothing devious about how they operate. With SWA there most definitely is. You're going to show up (with a lot of fanfare) and with no codeshare (which means you think you're entitled to have all the money go one way [you]). These foreign airlines are going to start to question why you think you're entitled to space on their airports and in their terminals and you don't make the same [equal] accommodation for them?

This is where Gary will step in with the next part of the plan.

What on earth are you talking about?

The regionals will shrink first, leaving only the unhireable. (Like PBR Streetgang). As long as there are recent crashes in the spotlight, there won't be any "safety" changes.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Ahhhha,
DAL, least respected brand
Genny, Least respected fanboy of the least respected brand.
I guess landing on a taxiway is safe, true safety will come when DAL guy learn how to read a wind sock and tell the difference between a runway and taxiway.

Yet you cannot convince him that he has NO life. Sad.
He has a life, its called being a F/I troll and living in his moms basement. You can tell when Mrs Pee is having a visit with "Uncle Steve", the genny's posts become more hostile and disjointed, seems he has a problem with his mom being sodomized in the living room, and enjoying it.
Pretty sure he will snivel to the admins about this one.

Flop

Is all your anger because of how the UAL. CAL senority list is looking ?

It is not turning out how you expected .

Never can tell sometimes the best time to get into something is when everyone says don't get into it. I think of Ford Motor Company in Dec 2008. Everyone said it is going BK, it stock is worthless at $1.78 a share.

An acceptable risk to take with a portion of an investment portfolio. But only a fool would go all-in with a low-priced stock, because it might actually be worth little.

The level of investment of time and money in a career is closer to an all-in situation, not a risk-capital situation. Therefore, it is very high risk to get into a career as a "contrarian" move.

I didn't say they were seated in first class necessarily. I'm saying they pay more for tickets. They like assigned seats and to be fed most generally.

We don't have a common frame of reference. I didn't fail to mention Spirit and Allegiant or Airtran. There is nothing devious about how they operate. With SWA there most definitely is. You're going to show up (with a lot of fanfare) and with no codeshare (which means you think you're entitled to have all the money go one way [you]). These foreign airlines are going to start to question why you think you're entitled to space on their airports and in their terminals and you don't make the same [equal] accommodation for them?

This is where Gary will step in with the next part of the plan.
Once again, your argument is not an argument, it's an unsupportable statement.

SWA does not get to say who flies into or out of HOU.

SWA does not get to say how many gates another carrier, international or otherwise get at HOU, that's up to the HOU airport officials.

SWA HAS paid to build THIER own terminal. And the price of doing that, to gain that approval, was to give back one gate.

SWA didn't coerce the city into selling bonds that the average citizen will be paying for, SWA didn't promise a corporate HQ and then double back on that promise. SWA promised to build a terminal and give up one gate, for the right to use the gates they built.

This is called a perfect example of how the free market should work. Not how big Chicago politician's do it by promising one thing then doing another.

If those other international airlines, who fly assigned seats, want a gate, or a terminal, I'm more than sure HOU airport officials will let them build their own terminal.

Frame of reference? You have none.

Last edited:
He has a life, its called being a F/I troll and living in his moms basement. You can tell when Mrs Pee is having a visit with "Uncle Steve", the genny's posts become more hostile and disjointed, seems he has a problem with his mom being sodomized in the living room, and enjoying it.
Pretty sure he will snivel to the admins about this one.

Quit stating your fantasies online you perv! Anyway, since you are the number one brasillia FO, it will be interesting to hear if you actually transition up to the RJ (before most 50 seaters are parked), or if you just retire from the right seat of the bro as it exits the fleet eventually. I'm guessing you will go from bro FO to Denny's greeter at age 65, in a few years. "Uncle" Steve wants to keep a better eye on you anyway. Good for you two. Cheers!

Bye Bye---General Lee

It takes a horrible toll on your body. But the way things are set up at the legacies, you have to fly the widebody to get the higher pay. Doing a 2 and a half day trip at SW within the same time zone is apples and oranges to the walking dead 60+ year old guys that can't turn that many time zones anymore.

I disagree...here are some facts.

1. You eat correctly you stay in better shape.

2. You workout regularly, you stay in better physical and mental shape. Physical activity is actually the number one thing you can do for brain health as well when you age. Straight from "Welcome to Your Brain" by Dr. Aamodt - a neuroscientist.

3. You get regular rest you stay in better shape. It takes some practice flying to Europe and Asia but it is easily achievable once you get into your routine.

I personally would much rather fly a wide body and see some interesting destinations. When SWA and other legacies were hiring in the mid 2000s I had absolutely no desire to fly a 737 for the rest of my life. A lot of military bro's of mine do fly for SWA and like it, but I wasn't interested in the least. Each to their own.

It's how you take care of yourself...has nothing to do with what airplane you fly. I've got a number of wide body buddies that could smoke 75% of any SWA fatties in a crossfit workout.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back