• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
50 is too young to look 75. I have a lot of buddies in their 30's who fly to Europe exclusively and they look beaten to ********************, at least 15 years older. 24hr layover? Big F'ng deal, I'd rather travel on my own time with my family.

It takes a horrible toll on your body. But the way things are set up at the legacies, you have to fly the widebody to get the higher pay. Doing a 2 and a half day trip at SW within the same time zone is apples and oranges to the walking dead 60+ year old guys that can't turn that many time zones anymore.

It takes a horrible toll on your body. But the way things are set up at the legacies, you have to fly the widebody to get the higher pay. Doing a 2 and a half day trip at SW within the same time zone is apples and oranges to the walking dead 60+ year old guys that can't turn that many time zones anymore.

If we ever get a bigger, longer range airplane, I hope we set up our pay like UPS so we don't get into that legacy chase the carrot dynamic- one blended pay rate, then do the flying you want to do.

If we ever get a bigger, longer range airplane, I hope we set up our pay like UPS so we don't get into that legacy chase the carrot dynamic- one blended pay rate, then do the flying you want to do.
It works great at ANA, makes for a happier pilot group when everybody is doing what they like....!

17,924 posts.... un freakin believable!!!:eek:

Someone quick, make a spreadsheet of how many posts you'd have to do a day to come up with that # of posts.... I know at 1 a day it's over 49 years!!!! I include Christmas and Thanksgiving because there's no way this guy's married or gets any presents.

That's a lot of posts about how at SWA you're stuck in a 737... Oh wait, how's that Lubbock overnight.. I've never heard that one..

I'd take SWA's 3 on 4 off type schedule any day over Delta's..

The Delta First Class "sundae" that us common folk in steerage class will never get to taste or see will keep him looking young. Except around the middle! Maybe we can see him on a episode of the Biggest Looser...

Someone quick, make a spreadsheet of how many posts you'd have to do a day to come up with that # of posts.... I know at 1 a day it's over 49 years!!!! I include Christmas and Thanksgiving because there's no way this guy's married or gets any presents.

That's a lot of posts about how at SWA you're stuck in a 737... Oh wait, how's that Lubbock overnight.. I've never heard that one..

Yet you cannot convince him that he has NO life. Sad.

Sure, but how many dudes at swa are banging out prior to 65? Not many and most in their late 50s/ early 60s look like death warmed over.

Last two fellas that retired in OAK, were in great shape...maybe more of a function of life choices and flying a lot of extra trips to make do then age...just saying...

It's hilarious when the General tries to argue about outsourcing....this from the biggest outsourcer!

Talk about losing a debate before it even starts. Thanks for the laugh General. Your company and union have outsourced more jobs than we've ever had. A complete failure.

No, it's really funny watching you justify your ridiculous agreement with the cheaper AT guys flying the same plane for less. And, you have no answer for it, well, accept for "thanks GK for doing that, and we owe you one...." Ridiculous!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ahahaha! When you state post numbers, you know you can't debate. Really? A 3 day with 13 legs over 2 total legs that allow you to take turn legally napping during the flight (3 pilots), eating better food than SWA pretzels, and having a 24 hour layover somewhere you can't drive to? Yeah, sure! Right..... That will get old quick. Enjoy it putz!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back