Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sure they have a longer term plan but they aren't telling anybody

Yeah... That seems to be the way of the business... It's almost useless to ask active pilots or the union any of these questions. Seems that we are the people that secrecy is most aimed toward....

After 4 years of furlough, working a really bad 134.5 job with a horrible pay and an almost unsustainable schedule, I find myself not all that excited to return to NJA. I don't know if I'm just worn out or if the luster is really gone from flying there. I'll take a recall but only for the vesting and hopes of a new type. I'll be looking for something else the day after recall as much as the today.

I agree that 50% or less have any plans on returning.

After 4 years of furlough, working a really bad 134.5 job with a horrible pay and an almost unsustainable schedule, I find myself not all that excited to return to NJA. I don't know if I'm just worn out or if the luster is really gone from flying there. I'll take a recall but only for the vesting and hopes of a new type. I'll be looking for something else the day after recall as much as the today.

I agree that 50% or less have any plans on returning.

Funny..The very reasons you mentioned are why I am dying to go back to NJ. My pay would go up 40 percent and I would work 10 less days a month and live wherever the heck I want. Sure I have my apps in at Majors but so do 10,000 other well qualified pilots.

We aren't being told because nobody knows

I'm not surprised we don't have more information about the velocity of the recalls. Honestly I don't think the company has any idea of how many they will need.

The information I am going to be watching is the seniority list. One unofficial post speculated that January brought a large number of resignations. If that number turns out to be true, and if that rate holds for several months in a row, recalls will go bonkers. Resignations and growth will drive recalls.

I also agree the pressure point will be the FSI training bottleneck. Initials take many times more resources than recurrent events. I am so out of touch, is FSI Columbus in the netjets complex or do they still have their old building? In the hayday FSI Toledo was close and handled many NJA pilots. FSI shrunk during the recession, Toledo is gone and capacity may be an issue.

Good luck to those getting back.

Last edited by a moderator:
FSI CMH has 10 sims now (phenom, XL, XLS, 680, X, 900XP, G200, Falcon, Challenger 350, & Global) Rumor has it a new building is in the works. All other fleets train at other locations.

The problem with using other locations is the 121 training program. To my knowledge, FSI CMH is the only one at this point set up to do the 121 training in the fleets mentioned above. Im sure other locations can be brought up to speed. How fast would be the question.

FSI CMH has 10 sims now (phenom, XL, XLS, 680, X, 900XP, G200, Falcon, Challenger 350, & Global) Rumor has it a new building is in the works. All other fleets train at other locations.

The problem with using other locations is the 121 training program. To my knowledge, FSI CMH is the only one at this point set up to do the 121 training in the fleets mentioned above. Im sure other locations can be brought up to speed. How fast would be the question.
NJ is doing 121 training? with FAA observed enroute checks for new Captains, 100 hours of consolidation in the first 120 days of flying a new type or have they used 135.3 to do 135 training under certain parts of the 121 regs?.

NJ is doing 121 training? with FAA observed enroute checks for new Captains, 100 hours of consolidation in the first 120 days of flying a new type or have they used 135.3 to do 135 training under certain parts of the 121 regs?.

Yes. Some fleets still do 135 training, but the majority are now 121.

The training program has been steadily moving toward full-blown AQP for some time.

To be clear, we do not operate under 121 so you won't see FAA enroute checks for new Captains. We operate under 91, 91k, and 135 under our 135 certificate.

The Feds allow us to utilize a 121 training program in lieu of a135 program.

135 training doesn't allow for progressive checking or AQP, so I believe this is why the decision to utilize a 121 program was made.

I'm not in the training department, but you might be on the right track with the 135.3 reference.

I was at recurrent last week and the program manager for my fleet confirmed the new building to be built on the north side of cmh by Bridgeway. The 350 sim was still being worked on by fsi techs, not sure when it will be up and running.

Basic questions. I realize things are slow and upgrades non-existent, but what is movement like these days from fleet to fleet for FOs? How often do bids come out? What is the typical seat-lock? If a furloughee returns and is assigned the XLS or Phenom, what is the likely time before he can bid off?

Latest resources

Back