• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also agree the pressure point will be the FSI training bottleneck. Initials take many times more resources than recurrent events. I am so out of touch, is FSI Columbus in the netjets complex or do they still have their old building? In the hayday FSI Toledo was close and handled many NJA pilots. FSI shrunk during the recession, Toledo is gone and capacity may be an issue.

Good luck to those getting back.

FSI may be the turd in Waldo's punch bowl in a couple of ways. They are having trouble retaining instructors and they don't hesitate to leave because of having to resign seniority numbers. If the grass doesn't turn out to be greener outside of FSI, they come back with no losses. FSI can't afford to lose instructors/examiners. It's worse than NJA because there are fewer of them, their work can't be sold off and it takes a lot longer to train one of them than a new line pilot (or transition)

Basic questions. I realize things are slow and upgrades non-existent, but what is movement like these days from fleet to fleet for FOs? How often do bids come out? What is the typical seat-lock? If a furloughee returns and is assigned the XLS or Phenom, what is the likely time before he can bid off?

Movement has been limited to displacements only with few exceptions. There are only a handfull of SICs on seat lock due to this. They said there will be open bids to the 350 coming out soon. How many will be SICs? My guess is initially not many.

As far as a furloughee bidding off of the XLS, Phenom or any other airplane they are assigned, it won't be anytime soon. I have been an SIC at NetJets for 7.5 years. I have missed every open SIC bid by over 400 numbers. There are many senior SICs that have been in the Encore and XL for 8 years that are waiting for the opportunity to move to a new airplane.

I have missed every open SIC bid by over 400 numbers. There are many senior SICs that have been in the Encore and XL for 8 years that are waiting for the opportunity to move to a new airplane.

Same experience for me. Many of those SIC bids were for the >40k airplanes, and they went to PICs who voluntarily downgraded for those positions.

Plan to be in whatever plane you're assigned for quite a long time.

Same experience for me. Many of those SIC bids were for the >40k airplanes, and they went to PICs who voluntarily downgraded for those positions.

Plan to be in whatever plane you're assigned for quite a long time.

That's what I thought... I am not a furloughee but I know a few people who are and they are considering whether to return.

How soon before the Beechjets and Encores are phased out?

I have heard all Beechjets will be gone by the end of '14. With the number of Phenoms coming on property it would be a good guess that the encore and encore+ would follow soon after.

FSI may be the turd in Waldo's punch bowl in a couple of ways. They are having trouble retaining instructors and they don't hesitate to leave because of having to resign seniority numbers. If the grass doesn't turn out to be greener outside of FSI, they come back with no losses. FSI can't afford to lose instructors/examiners. It's worse than NJA because there are fewer of them, their work can't be sold off and it takes a lot longer to train one of them than a new line pilot (or transition)

My instructor at recurrent told me this very thing last week at recurrent. Right after he told me he is leaving FSI for a flying gig. He also told me it takes A YEAR to get a newbie fully up to speed to really teach solo.

My instructor at recurrent told me this very thing last week at recurrent. Right after he told me he is leaving FSI for a flying gig. He also told me it takes A YEAR to get a newbie fully up to speed to really teach solo.

They will just use NJA IPs

I have heard all Beechjets will be gone by the end of '14. With the number of Phenoms coming on property it would be a good guess that the encore and encore+ would follow soon after.

I think there's only a handful left. The Brazillian Beechjets are coming fairly quick however.

Any news out there?

3 of 6 on the recall or 16 in the next class from a friend on the road

Latest resources

Back