• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some regionals are losing 30+ guys a month.... NJA is a better job than a regional, so less pilots taking the plunge. Or holding out for one or two airlines instead of places like Allegiant/Spirit/JB.. Most regional guys, especially rookie FO's, will go anywhere..

So it's really bad at NJA, just not so awful that people will only leave for two or three other companies out there. Time to brace for massive attrition and street captain hiring any day now.

So it's really bad at NJA, just not so awful that people will only leave for two or three other companies out there. Time to brace for massive attrition and street captain hiring any day now.

There is no way I'd voluntarily leave NJA (PIC or SIC) for a FO position at Allegiant, Spirit, JB is 50/50, VA, Frontier.... That basically leaves DL, AA, UA, ALK as far as mainland US carriers.. And I don't think they have really ramped up a ton of hiring.

NJA also has a lot of career 91/135 pilots who for one reason or another dislike 121. Or have heard so many horror stories that they think it's all bad. They won't be leaving either unless it's forced upon them. ( I have an acquaintance at Citationaire that always used to post how awful 121 was, how he hated traveling on the airlines, how the seats were small, how the passeneger next to him was gross etc etc.. Now he's all up in the 121 hiring rumors..)

As far as NJA has fallen from the pedestal, it's still a considerably good pilot job. With good benefits, ok pay, good hotels and destinations, a wide variety of a/c to choose from..

Just very very little career progression

One of the recent departures was actually to Allegiant.

Sad commentary on the state of affairs.

So yeah, the frustration level is rising rapidly. It's beginning to translate into moving the fence sitters off the barbed wire....

Friend at Delta told me 800-900 pilots will be hired this year. Not sure if that exact number range will happen, but a large number will be hired due to retirements every year for the next 5-10 years. If a junior FO at Netjets has internal recs as well as the required minimums, why wouldn't they give it a shot at Delta? AA/USAirways is also hiring big time. With the slow advancement at Netjets, the legacies would seem very appealing to most people. Add growing LCCs like Spirit (3-4 year upgrade), JB and even SWA and there are several options.

I cannot see Captains at Netjets leaving, but I would think junior FOs would at least seriously consider it...

As far as NJA has fallen from the pedestal, it's still a considerably good pilot job. With good benefits, ok pay, good hotels and destinations, a wide variety of a/c to choose from..

Just very very little career progression
The four NJ furloughees at JUS think going back NJ is the best thing in the world compared to flying 50 year old airplanes in to dark Mexican airports at night and having to unload the cargo. They would be happy finishing their careers in the right seat.

I am a 9 year SIC at NJA and I am not in a hurry to get out. I would consider UA or maybe DL, but that's it for me. This is not the job it was 5 years ago but it sucks less than many other ones out there.

Do you guys still get to select lunch items from a menu, etc like you used to do (e.g., salmon )? How does that work? I always thought that was a nice perk.

Yes, the crew food menu is alive and well however the quality of the meals varies wildly. You just order the night before from a preset menu and the company has the meals catered to the fbo.

Latest resources

Back