• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly right. The Regionals will have to dramatically increase pay. Not because they want to, but because they have to to attract and keep pilots.

Unfortunately the exact opposite is happening...it's astonishing in today's market, but pilots are actually voting on concessionary contracts to either keep what they have or grasp for that carrot of flying the huge E170....

Way too many newbies have the illusion of 2-3 year upgrades, a year in the left seat then on to Delta.

The more experienced guys either want to "burn it down" or hold on as long as they can until their number is called at a Major.

Either way, these concessionary contracts keep getting passed.

That makes NJA a much more lucrative option and destination for many. When the time comes, NJA will have no problem getting resumes.. Keeping the pilots from applying to Majors is another story. NJA is moving more towards an stepping stone job, rather than a 30 yr career.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the exact opposite is happening...it's astonishing in today's market, but pilots are actually voting on concessionary contracts to either keep what they have or grasp for that carrot of flying the huge E170....

Way too many newbies have the illusion of 2-3 year upgrades, a year in the left seat then on to Delta.

The more experienced guys either want to "burn it down" or hold on as long as they can until their number is called at a Major.

Either way, these concessionary contracts keep getting passed.

That makes NJA a much more lucrative option and destination for many. When the time comes, NJA will have no problem getting resumes.. Keeping the pilots from applying to Majors is another story. NJA is moving more towards an stepping stone job, rather than a 30 yr career.
Spot on. Nja management knows they will have no problem finding as many qualified, regional, low paid, commuting FOs as they will ever need.

Spot on. Nja management knows they will have no problem finding as many qualified, regional, low paid, commuting FOs as they will ever need.

That's going to cost a pretty penny. The right seat will become a constant revolving door while the guys in the left seat stay put. Constantly replacing pissed off FOs who stay for a couple of years then bail with another type rating is going to tax both NJA and Flight Safety.

That's going to cost a pretty penny. The right seat will become a constant revolving door while the guys in the left seat stay put. Constantly replacing pissed off FOs who stay for a couple of years then bail with another type rating is going to tax both NJA and Flight Safety.

The right seat has become a revolving door? Since when?

Why will it become a revolving door when they hire regional FOs?

Why are you asking me? Ask Opec. I was just trying to be helpful by pointing out that you misread the post.

For that matter, I see no reference to Regional FO' s in there either.....

Last edited:
Why are you asking me? Ask Opec. I was just trying to be helpful by pointing out that you misread the post.

For that matter, I see no reference to Regional FO' s in there either.....

He quoted my post about hiring qualified regional FOs and somehow them all leaving (ala revolving door) when they aren't currently leaving n droves. Capiche?

Latest resources

Back