NetJets International Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Virgin said:
If I have offended any of you, I am sorry.

That was not my intention. I though I would simply state a few of my qualifications to see if they were competitive, as I don't have the "preferred" qualifications..ie Gulfstream Type..etc.

Dude, you did not offend me at all and I hope that my post did not offend you either. What I was referring to by my post is that just because a pilot comes from ER or UND does not make them any more special than a pilot that got trained at a small FBO. A lot of what makes a good pilot is attitude and dedication. I have flown with many ER and UND grads and I feel that good vs bad is about the same average as if you take pilots that get training at other facilities. I do wish you well because wanting/needing to switch jobs is not fun and you need all of the best wishes/good luck possible.

Later

Wolfpackpilot, thanks for the info on NJI. With talk of more interviews in the future do you think that some of the new guys will go straight into the G5.

Also, how long do new hires typically wait in the pool?
Thanks

thanks Wolf, if you did make the move from one to the other would you start at the bottom of the list on the other side for pay and bidding purposes or is it one master seniority list for the two companies?

Okay, here we go again. For many of you this will be remedial information. Still,

1. As of today, and for at least the next 34 months, Netjets International Inc. is a separate, non-union division of Netjets. NJI operates Gulfstream IV, V, 450, and 550 aircraft for fractional shareholders and under Part 135 for Marquis Jet Partners

2. Under a side letter of understanding between the parent company and Teamsters 1108 (the bargaining representative of Netjets Aviation Inc. a separate union division of Netjets) a portion of future positions at NJI will be filled by NJA pilots bidding according to their NJA seniority position (NJA operates multiple aircraft types including Cessna, Raytheon, IAI/Gulfstream, Falcon and Boeing for fractional shareholders and under Part 135 for Marquis Jet Partners).

3. Each time NJI receives a new aircraft (assuming no attrition of aircraft or pilots), 5 pilot positions are created. Under the LOU, 2 of these positions will by filled by seniority based bid from the ranks of NJA Teamsters 1108 pilots. One pilot will wear 4 stripes and be paid according to the NJA pay scale for Year 1 Captain in a Category 4 aircraft. One pilot will wear 3 stripes and be paid according to the NJA pay scale for Year 1 First Officer in a Category 4 aircraft. In all cases, the NJA pilots must have at least two years with the NJA and 5000 hours total time, the pilots will be type rated in the G-IV only and will operate the aircraft according to the NJI FOM, overtime, travel, scheduling, and training policies. All NJA 1108 members will retain and continue to accrue their union seniority and retain "retreat rights" to NJA in the event of any dispute that cannot be resolved or upon completion of the applicable seat lock.

4. According to the collective bargaining agreement signed late last year, the NJA pilots may, in three years time, petition the National Mediation Board to declare that a single carrier exists between NJA and NJI and forcibly integrate the two pilot groups (as of today, approximately 2300 NJA and 290 NJI).

These are the facts of the case, and they are undisputed. (A Few Good Men)

Ah, but the devil is in the details. As we speak, a "Blue Book" working committee is ironing out many of the "gray areas" of the new contract and there has been much consultation (including legal) and discussion between the union and the managements of NJA and NJI as to how to execute the LOU.

The most popular topics include:
1. When will the first NJA pilots join NJI?

Conventional wisdom says late April for the June aircraft addition.

2. How long will the NJA Captain position holders sit in the right seat as SIC in the Gulfstream?

NJI FOM states "A Pilot with less than 100 hours in type with NJI will not be released as PIC." Ch 3-7-A Beyond that, no announcement has yet been made.

3. If an NJI Captain is flying with an NJA Captain (above item notwithstanding), who is PIC?

No announcement has yet been made.

4. Will the single carrier petition be successful and, if so, how will the pilot seniority and position integration be handled?

Three years is an eternity in this business.

Conclusion: There are many on this board who claim to know "exactly" how all these issues will be resolved. Some claim "it's a slam dunk." Ironically, it's people on both sides of each issue who claim to "know" it's going to be a "slam dunk." There are many other issues including pay equity, vacation and sick time policy, etc. that are still pending.

Unless and until there is a publicy posted e-mail or letter from the management of both NJA and NJI clarifying the policies of these and other issues, anything posted here is either pure speculation or flame bait.

I suppose the purpose of this or any other forum is to have an opinion and express it and I respect all your opinions. Many are informative, some thought provoking, others head-scratching, and a few downright amusing.

So let's hear 'em. Just keep in mind two things. 1) We're all supposed to be colleagues in this crazy business and 2) "Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

All the above proves I have way too much time on my hands and need to go back to work.

Last edited:
NJI interviews start again in March. Est. hiring about 36 this year, which means 24 off the street, 12 from the "A" side.

laterallymobile said:
how long do new hires typically wait in the pool?

Depends on how long they can tread water. After they shrivel up like a raisin and start sinking to the bottom, we usually pull them out and give a class date…

It’s a very deep pool, at least 20 feet on the diving board side!

Latest resources

Back