NetJets International Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel,

For whatever reason, good-bad-or indifferent, NJI has always chosen to compute overtime based on duty days within a quarter. The threshold for overtime, until recently, was 49 days per quarter. The time of day you are called, or the number of hours you sit at the FBO, or the number of hours worked in the duty day are not a part of the computation. Only if you arrive home past midnight domicile time at the conclusion of a tour do you earn another credit day. The pay is computed by dividing base salary by 199 (the average days per year worked under the old 6 on 5 off formula) and then multiplying that number by 1.5. Each pilot and flight attendant is responsible for filling out a form documenting the days worked in the quarter.

With all crewmembers now working 7 and 7, the threshold for each quarter has been reduced to 45 days. For demonstration purposes, my January, February, and proposed March schedule will total exactly 45 duty days worked with no extended days and assuming I get home before midnight domicile time at the conclusion of every tour. It will be quite possible to be scheduled for more than 45 days within a quarter on basic 7 and 7 with no extended days just based on how the calendar, vacation, and training schedules fall.

The question that hasn't yet been answered is, what is the new denominator in the calculation? 199 days? Fewer? Dividing base salary by 199 versus 186 or 182 or whatever will make a considerable difference in the overtime check.

NJI G-IV crews can and frequently have declined to work more than 14 hours of duty in any one day although G-V augmented crew trips and half-way-around-the-world airline flights do exceed 14 hours quite often. An NJA overtime policy at NJI would cost literally millions because international operations are more frequent and of considerably longer range at NJI. Which, I suppose, is one reason the Boss Man is so intent on keeping NJI non-union.

Like anywhere else, some feel the system is fair, others don't. Just thought I would try and answer some of the questions.

By the way, woo-hoo on the 2000 posts....

Info

On that post regarding Salary Adjustment from J.T.:

Read the 10th word. most (followed by Captain positions)

old*art said:
Now wolfie ... play nice !!

Old*art,

If I could fly around with a guy as nice as you...

I'd bid a King Air! And no, Im not being a smart*ss.

NJA has thousands of quality pilots; many of whom I have long friendships with from airlines in my past. Fella's like you, Gunfyter, Hogprint, and the like reaffirm my belief that ultimately things will work out in favor for us all.

Sincerely,

Wolfpackpilot

PS. I did fly a U-Boat for a NASCAR team. I remember pulling the buckets out with the nose wheel in the air and seeing red lights start flashing on the dash.

Latest resources

Back