• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You better believe it. We NJI types will be in a foot race to see who can cross the picket line first if you morons ever strike NJA. Proud to be a scab in training. I have found the hard core union guys to be lousy pilots and boring travel companions. Seeing y'all with your cute little signs in your cute little uniforms chanting slogans of class warfare will be hilarious. Remember, I didn't bring up this topic on this thread, you did.

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.

Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with.

Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.

Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commision in the british army.

The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country.

A scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

Author --- Jack London (1876-1916)

So a scab is a traitor to God? Country? Family? I would beg to differ, I don't work for a union. I work for a company that I help build and prosper. I doubt you would understand that. BTW, I think you just made G4dude's point.

So a scab is a traitor to God? Country? Family? I would beg to differ, I don't work for a union. I work for a company that I help build and prosper. I doubt you would understand that. BTW, I think you just made G4dude's point.

Thank you, kind Sir.

So you would join him in crossing a picket line?

You better believe it. We NJI types will be in a foot race to see who can cross the picket line first if you morons ever strike NJA. Proud to be a scab in training. I have found the hard core union guys to be lousy pilots and boring travel companions. Seeing y'all with your cute little signs in your cute little uniforms chanting slogans of class warfare will be hilarious. Remember, I didn't bring up this topic on this thread, you did.

I don't know whether to be ashamed or afraid for our company...

It really is guys like you that keep the animosity running high. The moron is you sir.

GIV, for someone who is not well-liked on an ANONYMOUS message board, who flat-out rejects the concept of banding together with your fellow pilots for the advancement of eachother (i.e. a "union"), who seems to be having difficulty accepting the simple truth we are ONE group by repeatedly referring to the now non-existent NJI/NJA divide -- in other words, someone who doesn't play well with others -- you place an awful lot of faith in the idea that pilots on the GIV/GV fleets will gleefully follow you and your self-serving agenda.

Class warfare? Nice attempt at a re-direct, but you and I both know this is not the same thing. (Side note: I wouldn't exactly call it "cute" but what do you have against the uniform anyway?? :rolleyes: )

As for your remark: "I have found the hard core union guys to be lousy pilots and boring travel companions" -- I'm sure an obvious SKY-GOD such as yourself is a joy to fly with as well.

Seriously, are we in the Third grade? Is that your argument? Did you figure pilots are "macho" so you would try to gain support by appealing to that particular personality trait? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound to those of us who actually fly for a living?

NJA has lost 100+ a/c over the last 3 years... It has lost 15 since the beginning of summer... What rate can NJA expect to take deliveries of the Globals and Phenoms vs. the existing disposal rate of a/c currently approaching or past the 10 yr. old mark?

Management has missed their mark on sales every period since this all began. So whenever a management type comes in to recurrent (or starts some sales rumor) that they expect sales to shoot through the roof, expect the exact opposite...

You as many pilots consider winning based on total number of aircraft, thereby more pilots. I'm addressing financials, which clearly the cost/sale of a global far exceeds that of 5 or 6 SMALL jets.

So 3 fully sold globals, equates to 15 ultras.....on a profit basis.

Therefore it is a winner....

You better believe it. We NJI types will be in a foot race to see who can cross the picket line first if you morons ever strike NJA. Proud to be a scab in training.

Scab away there, sunshine. Best of luck covering all those trips (I guess you can knock them out after you fly the G owner trips). History always remembers the Useful Idiots, I suppose. Also, I wouldn't count on unanimous participation from the GLC folks. There are plenty in that fleet that do have character.

You as many pilots consider winning based on total number of aircraft, thereby more pilots. I'm addressing financials, which clearly the cost/sale of a global far exceeds that of 5 or 6 SMALL jets.

So 3 fully sold globals, equates to 15 ultras.....on a profit basis.

Therefore it is a winner....

That would depend on how much they are selling Global shares for vs. Ultra's... Also how much is the hourly fee, monthly fee, acquisition cost, operational cost to the company, so on and so on... I agree that a profitable company is what everyone needs.. But no pilot at NJA has the answers to those cost questions.. Sure there are pilots who think they do.. (On cue I'm sure someone will tell me they do in about 3 posts)

But on the flip side. The company could possibly be profitable with 50 planes..... Less maintenance, less overhead etc.. But do you really think that is good?

The company turning a profit is fine, but remember you see no part of that profit. So whether they make huge profits or minimal profits, you would still keep your job but reap no rewards. But a smaller company does guarantee 1 thing. Less jobs, less seniority for you and a negative work environment.

The Global may prove to be a winner, but IMO selling 1-2 Globals and maybe 3 Phenoms (and most likely just owners switching a/c) after a whole year of being announced isn't exactly like saying they are lining up at the door to purchase....

Bottom line I believe NJA will continue to shrink.... There are roughly 250-300 Citations, Hawkers, Gulfstreams that will most likely be disposed of... Thats alot of Phenoms and Globals and Challengers to try to make up the difference... History has proven that all orders are generally not exercised. And NJE is getting some of those orders....

Latest resources

Back