• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, the majors will be hiring, and their latest contracts include raises as well. NJA pilots will not settle for a cut in their pay and working conditions when the rest of the industry is getting better. Except G4 of course, who is so bad at what he does that he values his abilities at a very low level.

I hope you are right, a raise would be nice in order to pay Obama'a tax increases coming down the pike.

And who will they be hiring?

Gonna see a lot of fractional guys go if we don't get raises here....

Gun, I'm usually in agreement with you, but I think you've missed the boat on this one.

If this had been the case five to seven years ago I'd agree. The demographics just don't support a mass exodus from NJA, no matter how much the majors are hiring. The bubble has crested the 40-45 yr old demo here now and I doubt very many will leave NJA especially in light of their seat position or seniority number.

I can see the FO's bailing but you'll see minimal movement with the Cpt's.

How many of you guys know about people learning how to fly? I know exactly ZERO. Where is the next generation of people who are willing to spend $150,000 to earn $19,000 going to come from? And now they have to meet ATP mins (thankfully) to fly in the right seat of a 121 carrier. Where are they going to get their time? Flying cancelled checks? Nope. Flight instructing? Nope.

The word is finally out on our profession. It sucks getting started in.

How many line dogs have you had coming up to you with stars in their eyes asking how you got started lately? How many kids driving the van to the hotel ask about the job?

My AME told me that he hasn't issued a student pilot/Class III in over two years! That speaks volumes.

Exactly.

Says the scab in training.....

You better believe it. We NJI types will be in a foot race to see who can cross the picket line first if you morons ever strike NJA. Proud to be a scab in training. I have found the hard core union guys to be lousy pilots and boring travel companions. Seeing y'all with your cute little signs in your cute little uniforms chanting slogans of class warfare will be hilarious. Remember, I didn't bring up this topic on this thread, you did.

My strike/ furlough fund has enough to last over a year already. If they insist on concessions and/ or they refuse to take the pay up a healthy amount, I will be proud to strike until they pay or until we STMFD. I don't require Southwest money, but I won't accept peanuts or concessions. I honestly don't believe the company would ever let a strike happen, but without the threat of it I don't see moving the contract up at all. I like the job and living where I want without having to commute, but it has to pay more if I'm going to be an SIC for another decade plus.

Latest resources

Back