• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will never, ever, ever, ever be a true pilot shortage at the airlines. There will be hiring, however.

IMHO, Dog is correct. That should suck pilots from the regionals and fracs. Coupled with the new 121 SIC requirements preventing the regionals from hiring pilots with little experience, maybe pay and QOL can see upward pressure. I am out of the game now but hope for improvements for the rest of you.
Helm

How many of you guys know about people learning how to fly? I know exactly ZERO. Where is the next generation of people who are willing to spend $150,000 to earn $19,000 going to come from? And now they have to meet ATP mins (thankfully) to fly in the right seat of a 121 carrier. Where are they going to get their time? Flying cancelled checks? Nope. Flight instructing? Nope.

The word is finally out on our profession. It sucks getting started in.

Mhuuuhahahahaaaaaa.......:pimp:

And who will they be hiring?

Gonna see a lot of fractional guys go if we don't get raises here....

The thousands of folks currently at the regionals, charter, cargo, and corporate oeprations all over the country, all with turbine/jet experience. If that results in a shortage at the regionals then that is fine, it won't affect attrition at NetJets. Unless G4 leaves, trying to find work that pays him what he's actually worth.

The thousands of folks currently at the regionals, charter, cargo, and corporate oeprations all over the country, all with turbine/jet experience. If that results in a shortage at the regionals then that is fine, it won't affect attrition at NetJets. Unless G4 leaves, trying to find work that pays him what he's actually worth.

Working at the right:eek: Major, living close to base, trumps NJA... Any SIC, who has the opportunity to go to a "better" Legacy/SWA should make the move.... Upgrades at NJA are going to be ridiculuosly long.. If anyone thought 5 years as an SIC at Comair was bad, watch how long they end up at NJA..

I enjoyed working at NJA, and did have illusions of someday going back. But after doing a small amount of heavy long haul flying for a Legacy carrier, I can honestly say that I have much more job satisfaction now than I did at NJA. Granted I don't get the hotel bennies or 3 squares a day. (And I have to wear a hat). But I feel that I finally accomplished my initial goal when I started this career. And a first class meal is a bit tastier than "meals in a box"..

Anyone who thinks they don't want to go back to the airline lifestyle, but has only done the regional thing, should have a real heart to heart with someone who has been to a Legacy... IMO, there aren't alot of good Legacies out there anymore. But if you have the opportunity to get on with one, do it.... I was fortunate to go straight in a Heavy doing 1 leg a day. And I can see how being on a -73 or MD still doing Greensborough or Richmond may stink, but the opportunites will be more plentiful the more senior you get...

And as we all found out the hard way, type ratings in corporate jets don't really mean squat unless the company you want to work for has that same a/c..... Whereas, being typed in a heavier a/c creates opportunities abroad if you ever need them..

Latest resources

Back