• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets back to HBA and Gateway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What was the fleet? Must be the Ultra or 400 if only one was a true upgrade.

What was the fleet? Must be the Ultra or 400 if only one was a true upgrade.

Think it was the Hawker 800xp. An FO from the F2000 and a PIC from ???? I forgot.

If we ever get the Hawker 4000, I am thinking that might get things rolling again, but until then, its going to be a long time.

Well I broke the thumb off today. No that's not a figurative I literally broke the thumb off the excavator and that ended my brush burning.
I'm not really sure where the hostility you have comes from. This has nothing to do with time at xyz job or abc job. It has to do with people understanding management and that their tactic will not change anytime soon. Each company has their own history.

Nobody is slamming you. I'm just offering a different view on what the company is currently doing by expanding the travel for training. I see it as a short term solution to a long term problem that they've created and they have the keys to fix. Remember it doesn't affect me directly only indirectly but this carrot and stick affects the whole pilot force. Me included.

Different views on the same announcement.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully, there is no long term damage.

I think stupidity is the key to my frustration. I know that the company will use anything to bargain with, even if it isn't logical. I also think that butting heads is a waste of time. We all know how much this company wastes money on things they could save money on, while at the same time make every pilots life better. I worked as an efficency finder for a company a lifetime ago, and it bugs me to no end knowing that it would take nothing more than a stroke of a pen to save millions. I just can't rap my head around the fact that all the lawyers and managers don't do something about it. It would translate in cost savings, lower cost to the owners, etc...

Meanwhile, the massive slow down on upgrades make me feel a little sick to my stomach. I took the job with a financial plan to upgrade within five years. Anything sooner would be gravy. I am just wondering if the slow down is due to A/C deliveries, lack of new owners, industry saturation, or maybe people are just buying thier own airplanes. I don't know.

I will keep my fingures crossed and hope for the best. Either way it would take a lot to make me leave. I think I am in for the long haul.

Either way it would take a lot to make me leave. I think I am in for the long haul.

When I did IOE at NJs, my IOE guy taught me a couple of important phrases that will get me thru each week.

1. Ice, coffee and papers.

2. Who cares?

The second one works for not only this job, but life in general.

Anytime you see something that could be done better.....who cares?
Anytime the company wates money....who cares?
Anytime anyone bitches or complains...who cares?
Anytime you get worked up over something....who cares?

All you/we can do as pilots for NJs, is do our best to do our jobs. This means, get to the airport on time, get the plane ready for the pax......everything else...who cares?

It sure keeps the stress level down.

And like you, I am in it for the long haul. As you have seen first hand, money is of no concern.

CD-

No long term damage. I'm pretty hard on equipment to say the least. Allready have a driver going to get me a new thumb and pin. Of course now the pto broke on the dumptruck so thats another problem. Gotta love heavy equipment.

You're right the stupidity is astounding and you feel so helpless because it can be fixed in 5 seconds but it never happens. Thats why experience at this company makes you so jaded. Not because you don't care but because nobody is listening and really couldn't care. During contract negotiations the people upstairs were told that they couldn't have raises due to the pilots. Yet nobody thought about the sheer waste in scheduling, os, and a variety of different departments that didn't have any responsibility.

I realize the slowdown of upgrades combined with you commuting 6hrs plus doesn't help things right now and i pray it will change. Yet the company has no problem spending millions to make sure that you are put in a financial hardship and that is my point i'm trying to make. albeit with that typical new england charm that is right to the point and louder than everyone else.

I hope you end up staying because when you separate yourself from the upstairs you realize it is a great job and the benefits are wonderful. I hope you are able to use your hilton points to take the wife on a nice vacation this year free of charge. Finally hopefully we meet on the road.

Cheers.

D

Glad to hear it was the thumb on your three point and not the one on your hand.:eek:

I was hoping the desire to do the right thing, be efficient, make money and play nice together was the order of the day here. Sad to here it is not the case. However, compared to other companies I have worked for, the vibe here is still 1000% better. I truly hope the relationship between work forces and management can and will improve with time. I know there was a lot of bad blood between other groups and pilots when the signing bonuses went out. Hopefully, that is gone now.

Like I said I hate stupidity and fighting like children over egos, money, control, or whatever, does make me a little hot.:angryfire

Yes, to answer your question, we are going to Cabo San Lucas for a week later in the year. I am in all the max point plans and it will be FREE! "Bring me something with booze and an umbrella!":pimp:

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

Well I broke the thumb off today. No that's not a figurative I literally broke the thumb off the excavator and that ended my brush burning.

So I guess asking you to do some trenching is out of the question. Ah he!! I guess it's time to get a ditch witch...

Like I said I hate stupidity and fighting like children over egos, money, control, or whatever, does make me a little hot.:angryfire

If that makes you hot ask around about the pilot that got fired and the courts said that he had done nothing wrong and that he must return to work. The company paid him for over 2 years to stay at home and the case almost went to the superior court... even though 4 other judgments ruled in his favor. Yet they paid him to stay at home. Hmmmmm

So I guess asking you to do some trenching is out of the question. Ah he!! I guess it's time to get a ditch witch...

I'll operate any piece of equipment with a feather touch. Its the metal that fatigues first. :)

So will somebody please explain to me this "pay for performance" that has both the comany and union working together. How can the union even consider this? What it boils down to is us coming up with ways to save money for a company that is wasting it in order to further divide the pilot group and delay HBA for everyone. So, we are making up for money lost to keep a chip on their table come 2010. Score one for the company!

HSC for me all the way every day.

Latest resources

Back