Netjets back to HBA and Gateway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

Heard from friends (more than one) that had recurrent. Santulli came in and laid it down that NJA will go back to HBA or Gateway within the next six months. I want more verification.:)

THIS IS NOT FLAME BAIT AND I AM NOT STARTING A RUMOR.

EITHER VERIFY OR DENY (IF YOU WERE THERE). NO OPINIONS PLEASE.

So what if Rick said it and it's "verified?" Put the timeline in the contract. All he's trying to do is stem the losses of folks leaving.

That could very well be and I agree with you.

That is not the point.

I am just trying to find out what was said and who said it.

Denied.

I wasn't there. Don't need to be. Santulli canNOT unilaterally change anything in the contract. The current HBA/Domicile system will remain until contract 2010.

However, taking the above into account, he CAN add more domiciles to the system anytime he feels like it, giving the newhires more places to choose from. The contract does allow the company to open more domiciles at their discretion.

I know what the contract says. I don't want anyones spin on what could happen.

I want someone who was actually there to confirm or deny what was actually said. That's all!

Is there anyway to make a sticky entitled " netjets, 5 domiciles until 2010"... I am domiciled.. I want hba, or at least gateway.. will it happen anytime soon? PROBABLY NOT. We all need to wake up and assume that the domicile thing is here until it is fixed in 2010. Friends of friends who slept with a scheduler who is the husband of the guy who makes tea for RTS in the morning isn't going to cut it here.. When an official memo is put out on the BB, then yippy.. Until then, no more speculating.. Sorry for being pissy, but all these threads do is give hope to people currently here, or thinking about coming here.. netjets doesn't look at the situation as we look at it...
They see an unlimited supply of pilots applying which means the domicile thing is working.. They don't see the cost involved...

Captaindad, why do you care what was said? If you're up on the contract then you KNOW that Santulli can NOT change anything, except adding more domiciles, prior to 2010. That's why there's a contract in the first place.

Santulli can come into a class and say whatever the hell he wants to. But if it's something that would be a change to the contract, then he's just blowing sunshine and rainbows up your a**.

If it really makes you feel to better to have someone confirm that he said this, then fine. I've been here over ten years, and I've heard quite a few things come out of his mouth in recurrent that never happened.

I'm heading to recurrent this Sunday, so if he comes in and tells us anything that would make a good rumor I'll be sure to report it to you right away.

Oh, and what I've said is not an opinion. It's a fact. No matter what he says in recurrent, he simply can't change the contract on his own.

Denied.

I wasn't there. Don't need to be. Santulli canNOT unilaterally change anything in the contract. The current HBA/Domicile system will remain until contract 2010.

However, taking the above into account, he CAN add more domiciles to the system anytime he feels like it, giving the newhires more places to choose from. The contract does allow the company to open more domiciles at their discretion.

Realityman,

Actually the company may allow up to 100% of the pilots on the seniority list to utilize HBA's at the company's sole discretion -- unless said pilots reside within 90 miles of a domicile. This does not need a change in the language of the CBA.

Do I believe that it will happen? Not in this life time! But, the language gives the company the option.

Great idea, but I doubt Santulli would give up such a great bargaining chip... Perhaps he will add a few domiciles here and there (maybe big airline hub cities like Phoenix, Atlanta and Denver to facilitate direct flights). That would be a great token and he could keep his bigger bargaining chip for later...

Not everyone wants to live in crummy Columbus or super-expensive Los Angeles and Palm Beach... You automatically reduce the potential pool of drivers with those crappy domicile choices...

You guys just can resist spewing the obvious and insulting my intelligence at the same time.

I just wanted to know what the man said. What do you care why? I want to stay up on things. Who knows, maybe I have something constructive to add that may benefit the situation.

I know the contract is not ammendable until 2010. However, they announced only a week ago that they were going to be doing mutual benefitial negotiations, or whatever you want to call it, within the next few months. I know for a fact that this whole base thing has been a money loosing head ache from day one. There are always side letters added to every contract. Contracts aren't written in stone. I don't care if you believe him or not. I just would like to know what was said.

How about this? Can anyone answer my question? If not, please keep your insulting comments to yourself.

I respect your opinions, but please have a little respect.

Thank You.

Latest resources

Back