• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An older article, but it still applies. Isn't it appropriate that this event on January 20, is being held in Beverly Hills?
U.S.
Up, Down, In and Out in Beverly Hills: Rats

By CHARLIE LEDUFF

''Beverly Hills is a nice place to be a rat,'' Ray Honda explained, admiring the cool, verdant landscape of the moneyed class, with its fruit trees, bird feeders, swimming pools and dog-food bowls. ''It's a very good address.''
Mr. Honda, a Los Angeles County health inspector whose speech and demeanor bring Peter Lorre to mind, was quick to append, ''the four-legged kind,'' adding: ''More rats than people, probably. And when they get really bad you can smell them.''
Across Beverly Hills and the other lush corridors of Los Angeles, rats -- yellow-bellied, pink-tailed, flea-bitten rats -- are wriggling through the woodwork and rooftops. They have come down from the trees and in from the fields, forced into neighborhoods by a strangling drought that has gripped the region. They are eating from dog bowls and drinking from swimming pools and acting in surly ways not normal to the genus.

Those that can, do. Those that cannot, teach. Unsurprisingly, 2N is teaching ethics.

Those that can, do. Those that cannot, teach. Unsurprisingly, 2N is teaching ethics.

Excellent point!

Another hypocrisy: he literally gives away 10k at the beginning of his presentation ($100 to 100 people) supposedly as an ethics lesson but in reality this is just part of his style: buying adoration.

Here's what is most intetesting: according to his speech, if anything he says is to be believed, he actually has disdain for the Red Label pilots and those of their ilk who will compromise whats right for money but he will use this human fault to achieve his goal.

Chew on that for a momemt. In his presentation he is admitting his ultimate goal is to control EVERYONE under him by manipulating the worst aspects of people.

That should scare the $hit of of everyone who works for him.

Now that you know the hidden secret, listen again and see if you don't get chills. The man is completely morally corrupt. And yet we should be unionized, right?

If we don't rallly now, before this arbritrator decides, we are in deep deep doo-doo when it comes to negotiating section 6. From what my sources are telling me our lack of solidarity is sure to affect what the arbritrator gives us. Without solidarity we will have to live with less than we could habe gotten for years if we don't belly up to the bar and get to brass tacks.

I'm not sure if he ever had any respect for our profession...maybe very early on, but certainly not for a long time. And the other scumbags on this management team have never had any respect for our profession. Yet they wonder why we don't show them the deference they believe they deserve.

Talk about full of $hit. He gets on stage and one of the first things he claims is "I've never been convicted of an ethics violation". Doesn't mean you are not guilty of at least one, just not convicted. You are good at letting others take the fall for you. You're really a nice guy. I'm glad I didn't sell my soul like JS,JW, BS and CH. I feel sorry for you guys because, you know he considers you expendable.

This is exactly why, about 2003 Options started to lose lots of pilots. After the merger with Travel Air and realization of how the pilot seniority merger was going to work out - LOADS of pilots protested the deal with their feet. Sometime about 2005 when Ricci was booted and new management took over, the evacuation of pilots became even more dramatic. A true rage to riches to rags story here.

Latest resources

Back