• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I applied Nov 6th and havent heard anything yet. I guess no news is better than bad news. We shall see!!!

Alchemy said:
I think the biggest problem people are having in the Sims is managing the automation!

I guess the examiner was wrong. 7 years of working at the training center isn't enough to know what people are having difficulities with.

I should have deferred to you via PM before posting.

Oh, by the way: "GEAR UP"

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

jetbluedog said:
1200 HOURS PIC should be the industry Min. and Federal Regulated Min. for all new hire FO's at the regionals.

Makes me sick to read about 100 hour, pee-ons taking jobs in shiny jets they have no right to be in.

FAR 121.999 should read, "All regional airline applicants should have logged a minimum of 1200 hours PIC in multi-engine aircraft prior to hire date. 35% of the 1200 required hours must be logged in Night/IMC/Single Pilot operations in multi-engine aircraft not newer than model year 1978."

AMEN, BROTHER!!
Apparently you will see this post on all regional threads--Maybe airliners.net is more up your alley, maybe you can debate the best seat and aisle on an A320 with them.

chicksdgme said:
.....73 hrs of multi... I was dropping bombs on Baghdad from my F16 while you practicing touch and gos. Too bad it only had one engine.

I'll apologize right here if you can convince me otherwise, but dude, my B.S. meter is pegged. I don't remember seeing F-16 or T-6 on your profile yesterday, and no self respecting fighter pilot would casually drop a phrase such as "dropping bombs on Baghdad in my F-16." in the context of this post.

An active duty Viper driver with 1000 total time would be about midpoint on his service commitment and most certainly not looking for a civilian position. Perhaps you're guard or reserve? I'm still not buying it.

Wait a minute! I just re-read your post, you claim only 73 hours of multi-engine time! Perhaps you were such a SH stud at UPT that they let you skip almost half of the T-38 syllabus.

Pehaps some of our rated friends here on the board can publicly enlighten you as to exactly how much multi time a T-6/T-38 tracked guy will finish phase III with. (I know, but I just want give others who will be far more offended than some enlisted puke like myself the chance to pile on your prevarication here.)

Dude, why the need to lie? Your sense of self worth must be pretty weak if you feel the need the pretend be something you're not. If I were you, I'd be a little more worried about integrity issues than multi engine time.

PROVE ME WRONG LIAR!:)

LJDRVR said:
An active duty Viper driver with 1000 total time would be about midpoint on his service commitment and most certainly not looking for a civilian position. Perhaps you're guard or reserve? I'm still not buying it.

Wait a minute! I just re-read your post, you claim only 73 hours of multi-engine time! Perhaps you were such a SH stud at UPT that they let you skip almost half of the T-38 syllabus.

OH SNAP! Good call LJDRVR.

LJDRVR,

I really have no idea about the individual in question, but here are a few possiblities. If I recall correctly from filling out airline apps, many didn't want you to list time unless it was PIC. As students at UPT are not considered PIC's, that T-38 time may not count for anything. However, once you graduate from UPT and flow into fighter lead in training, your time in the AT-38 does count, because you are now considered fully qualifed in that jet. I don't know how many hours a student gets in AT-38's now, but this guy does mention his multi-engine time is currently increasing. That would imply he is getting time in something else beside his AT-38 time.

As far as the 1000 hours in the Viper thing... I don't see him claiming that. I just see 1000 hours total time. That is believeable. My guess is he is a young Guard or Reserve guy.

As far as the "dropping bombs over Baghdad" comment. If he is a Guard or Reserve pilot, that is not at all out of the question. Whether or not the average fighter pilot would slip that into conversation....well, I've seen/heard stupider things in my time.

Again, I don't know this guy, or his specifics. I'm just saying his situation isn't totally unbelieveable. If he is lying, then he mostly lied on his apps as well, and he'll never be hired anywhere. Those things have a tendency to catch up with people.

Rock

Thanks Rock,

Yeah, I forgot the IFF aspect. I still think he's full of it. XJT's APP doesn't ask for anything except Multi engine. (No PIC breakdown)

How much multi-engine time do you have as of today's date (do not include simulator time)?

More than 100 hours
75 - 100 hours
Fewer than 75 hours

I still think this guy is a liar. He just doesn't come off properly in his posts. The clincher issue for me is that I don't remember his profile containing either the F-16 or the T-6 when I first read his his post. Not to mention it still says civilian under type of experience. He apparently felt the need to bolster his qualifications when folks started whining about how low time pilots shouldn't be allowed. Too bad. Chksdgme-the vast majority of us don't give a rat's patoot about that issue.

I'll happily and humbly apologize and eat crow here on the board if I'm wrong, but my guess is we'll see one of two things happen:
  • He'll delete this thread and get a new username.
  • He won't respond and will get a new username.

Last edited:
How do you get an ATP with only 1000 hours, as he claims he has?

I smell something, too.

The very first T-6 class started at Moody in October 2001. The syllabus is about 6 months long, which would mean (if he was in this very first class) he would finish in March 2002. Then, knowing the AF, it would take about a month to get to his next duty station at Vance AFB, where he'd go through the T-38A syllabus, which is another 6 months. That puts him around October-November 2002. Then he has to go to IFF flying the AT-38. IF he got an immediate class date, that would eat up another two months. Now we're talking January 2003. Then survival, which would eat up another month or two...March 2003. Then it's off to Viper FTU at Luke AFB (or one of the Guard programs at Springfield or San Antonio), which is about 9-10 months long. Now he's walking out the door as a fully qualified Viper driver around January 2004 or February 2004.

This is assuming he was in the very 1st T-6 class. Then there's local upgrades, and so on. The only way this guy could be what he says is if he's a Guard pilot. If that's the case, what unit is he in? It still smells fishy because the bulk of the strike sorties were flown in March-May of 2003. And I think most of my fighter pilot friends would list the T-38 before listing the T-6.

By the way, all your UPT time can count towards your total flying time as far as the FAA is concerned. It's the same for civilians...your dual time in a C152 goes towards your totals, so does our dual time in a T-6 or T-37. And UPT pilots log around 120 hours or so in the T-38. It is multi-engine, although centerline thrust.

Still fishy. Not impossible, but fishy. I don't know too many F-16 pilots that would make a statement like that..."dropping bombs on Baghdad". Whatever.

He's a liar.

His profile shows he was last online this afternoon. No self-respecting fighter pilot is going to allow some prior enlisted punk (like myself:D ) to question his bona fides.

Reminds me of the time I was eating at a restuarant with my family. I wa wearing my grungy old Air Force Presidential Honor Guard sweatshirt. Noticing it, the waiter asks me if I'm in the AF.

"Nah," I retort "Did nine years active duty and took the early out a few years back."

"Yeah, I'm in training to fly the B-1." he replies proudly.

"Cool! So you're in the schoolhouse out at Dyess?" I ask skeptically

"No, I'm stiil in pilot training."

"Wow, y'all are getting drops during UPT. Interesting! Which phase are you in?" I ask with a grin

"Still learning. Are you guys ready to order?"

Well, I have to go now, NASA has called and asked me command the first return to flight shuttle mission, and I have to get studying.

Latest resources

Back