Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LJDRVR said:
Hey Paul,

They updated the senority list finally today, 480+ bodies under me since April, but better yet, only 570+ folks between me and the most junior Captain in the February upgrade class! Looks like a lot of folks are bidding QOL. Good!

119 FO's to be exact.

-Neal

Rock,

I must have mistook your post as a slam on the Guard. I am quite protective of my beloved Guard. It just sounded like you could see a Reserve or Guard guy making the statement about dropping bombs on Baghdad but not an active duty type. Sorry. My bad.....:rolleyes:

I was in theater from March 10th to the middle of July 2003. First in NW Saudi at Tabuk and then a "nice" little move to Minhad AB, just south of Dubai. 30 missions north and a few to the 'stans. I have no problems about anything being dropped on the heads of the a'holes causing the problems for our breathren on the ground. In fact, I would have thrown my checklist on the $hitbags if I could have! Those two MOAB's sitting next to the ramp at Al Udied would have made a big boom!!!

The best things I ever hauled was fresh food and mail, the worst...well....lets just say it was not something anyone would want to do.

We once hauled a pallet of nothing but Blueberry Poptarts!! That was the only flavor of poptart in theater or so it seemed! And it was the only thing in the airplane and marked VIP!!!!

By the way Rock, thanks for your service.

Back to the topic at hand....

Rock said:
Whoa there Junglejett. Don't be so quick on the defensive. I am a Guard guy and have been for 6 years. Since the F-16 of choice in OIF right now is the F-16C+ flown by Guard and Reserve units, it is Guard and Reserve F-16 units doing a lot of the work over there right now. That includes dropping bombs on turdheads in Baghdad. And since you yourself boast of going into Baghdad, I'm not exactly sure why you think there is anything wrong with someone stating they've dropped bombs there (assuming of course they actually did). Frankly, I think it's something to be proud of.

By the way, I'd never slam a cargo guy. It takes big brass balls to fly a slow moving, undefended transport onto a dirt strip at night in a combat zone. And besides, as a FedEx guy, I've come to appreciate hauling trash ;).

Last edited:
I got my atp when I was 20 yrs old with 600hrs, I have no idea what y'all are gabbin' about.;)

LJDRVR said:
Hey Paul,

They updated the senority list finally today, 480+ bodies under me since April, but better yet, only 570+ folks between me and the most junior Captain in the February upgrade class! Looks like a lot of folks are bidding QOL. Good!

When were you hired?

Latest resources

Back