• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest getting new aircrafts????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait... another aircraft order. What about Skyway's ERJs. Those are still coming, right?

I heard Airbus, as a matter of fact Airbus is in town talking to Midwest.

Actually, their plan was to park the 80's, put the replacements on the Skyway certificate, and pay the new crews at the old 1900 rates.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Tim still had a business plan in mind that hinges on the DO-728 program.

my source for the AAI MKE performance is MEH management, take it for what it's worth. from MZ (the MEH VP of Flt Ops) right before I was furloughed was that AAI was "losing their shirt" in the MKE market and that Spirit was "hurting quite badly". our MEC also stated that MEH management was "bragging" to them about AAI's MKE numbers: it was the only time during their meeting that TH spoke and where they exhibited any enthusiasm.

I don't know how your management would have any idea what our yields are out of MKE. I know you have Midwest employees on our concourse counting how many people are getting on the flights, but that doesn't say anything about what ticket prices they are paying.

Everytime I check out the loads of MKE on ftweb while at work, it appears the west coast flight (including redeyes) all have over 110 people. BOS, LGA, and DCA are lighter but usually around 70-80. I would imagine that our CASM on the 737's is at least 30% cheaper than Midwest's, so if we are loosing our shirts, you guys are loosing your pants as well.

But like you said, we will see whether we add flights or reduce flights. Or maybe, we will just come in and wreck your yields during the profitable summer months every year and let you guys stumble through the winter as we redeploy our fleet to the Florida routes.

I don't know how your management would have any idea what our yields are out of MKE. I know you have Midwest employees on our concourse counting how many people are getting on the flights, but that doesn't say anything about what ticket prices they are paying.

Everytime I check out the loads of MKE on ftweb while at work, it appears the west coast flight (including redeyes) all have over 110 people. BOS, LGA, and DCA are lighter but usually around 70-80. I would imagine that our CASM on the 737's is at least 30% cheaper than Midwest's, so if we are loosing our shirts, you guys are loosing your pants as well.

But like you said, we will see whether we add flights or reduce flights. Or maybe, we will just come in and wreck your yields during the profitable summer months every year and let you guys stumble through the winter as we redeploy our fleet to the Florida routes.

west coast flights traditionally are LOW YIELD routes that barely make any money (what routes have AAI dumped lately, oh yeah west coast ones to LAS). PHX and LAS you are primarily competing with LCC and not us as the market makers.

BOTH carriers are struggling with the current environment. bragging about coming in and "wrecking" our summer yields is suicide in this environment, but I guess AAI can issue additional convertible bonds to generate much needed cash. redeploying to "florida" routes ain't good either: florida is another LOW YIELD market as most vacation ones are.

and our management (as yours wrt to ours) has a GREAT idea what your yields are. we simply match your walmart undercut prices and can directly witness and compare. i should hope your CASM is lower than ours as your airline is a lot younger than ours. when your airline gets to our current age (24) and has the seniority of our workers then you can directly compare CASM's. Fuel CASM is driving the problems these days anyways.

Last edited:
for simple comparison purposes.

just looking at MKE-LGA for a fare for 7/3 and returning 7/6.
AAI $178 (web special), $368.50 (adv coach)
MEH $333.

now MKE-BOS:
AAI $266
MEH $274.

now MKE-DCA:
AAI $222.50 (web special), $297.50 (adv coach)
MEH $424

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back