• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest fate with NWA/DAL merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the Midwest guys Ive talked to the rumor going around is TPG deal is finalized by the end of the month no doubt with NW wanting to buy them out by summer already.

Yeah, I'd want the deal to go through at this point, too. Midwest pilots say that 'It's going to happen' doesn't mean crap. Skyway thought Skyway wasn't going anywhere, either. A horrible integration at NW is better than the stand-alone plan at this point.

Yeah, I'd want the deal to go through at this point, too. Midwest pilots say that 'It's going to happen' doesn't mean crap. Skyway thought Skyway wasn't going anywhere, either. A horrible integration at NW is better than the stand-alone plan at this point.

I agree with that. Good thing I am junior. I am going to start stocking up on cookies.

Word on the street is that AirTran will not be hiring any Midwest pilots that show up to the job fair this weekend in MKE. They are going to take all Skyway guys to hit MEH where it really hurts. Going to have a ton of cancelled Skyway flights due to lack of crews once AirTran runs some classes.

From the Midwest guys Ive talked to the rumor going around is TPG deal is finalized by the end of the month no doubt with NW wanting to buy them out by summer already.

First, are you on the hiring board for Airtran? Second, we cancel so many Skyway flights its rediculous anyway, so come up with a better rumor.

Word on the street is that AirTran will not be hiring any Midwest pilots that show up to the job fair this weekend in MKE. They are going to take all Skyway guys to hit MEH where it really hurts. Going to have a ton of cancelled Skyway flights due to lack of crews once AirTran runs some classes.

Wouldn't it be be more logical to take pilots directly from MEH, if the motivation is to hurt MEH? I think GOULET is not very logical and likes to hear himself talk.

Wouldn't it be be more logical to take pilots directly from MEH, if the motivation is to hurt MEH? I think GOULET is not very logical and likes to hear himself talk.

Not really. MEH is overstaffed. They talked possible furlough. It would do more harm to hire Skyway guys and then have this TPG/NW deal fall through. MEH could end up getting stapled. Imagine a 3 year 328 captain ahead of a 20+ year 80 captain. That would hurt. But hey, MEH MEC made their stand-alone bed, they better hope they don't have to sleep in it, too.

Not really. MEH is overstaffed. They talked possible furlough. It would do more harm to hire Skyway guys and then have this TPG/NW deal fall through. MEH could end up getting stapled. Imagine a 3 year 328 captain ahead of a 20+ year 80 captain. That would hurt. But hey, MEH MEC made their stand-alone bed, they better hope they don't have to sleep in it, too.

Wrong, the MEH MEC rescinded their support for the stand alone plan last summer. Who does AAI want to hurt? The Company or the employees? What would Tim H care if a 20 year 80 Captain was stapled to the bottom of a 3yr 328 captain. For some reason I get the impression there is a lot of open glue containers around your computer.

the more the merrier to LGA. use those slots. hire all those skyway pilots. help em out. word of advice (or so i hear) don't look at the chicks boobs during the interview.

the next few months shall be interesting. word i've heard is deal approved, immediate nwa buyout, DOH merger with a 10% NWA pay raise. if we then goto delta, can be honored to be in the company of the general and join the dixie dummies.

the next few months shall be interesting. word i've heard is deal approved, immediate nwa buyout, DOH merger with a 10% NWA pay raise.
What are you smoking?

First, are you on the hiring board for Airtran? Second, we cancel so many Skyway flights its rediculous anyway, so come up with a better rumor.

No I am not on the hiring board at AirTran just telling you what I was told by the higher ups at Skyway. Would make sense to me to hire MEH guys who are already qualified in the airplane. Guess we will find out soon if they take any MEH guys if they show up.

Latest resources

Back