• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest fate with NWA/DAL merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the more the merrier to LGA. use those slots. hire all those skyway pilots. help em out. word of advice (or so i hear) don't look at the chicks boobs during the interview.

the next few months shall be interesting. word i've heard is deal approved, immediate nwa buyout, DOH merger with a 10% NWA pay raise. if we then goto delta, can be honored to be in the company of the general and join the dixie dummies.

Nobody knows what will happen next. I would expect that the TPG deal gets done but I don't see an immediate NWA buyout because that would require another DOJ review that would take longer than the first one. Also, if NWA has majority ownership in MEH it further complicates any DOJ review of any possible DAL/NWA merger. If NWA could have just bought MEH they would have done it. I think that TPG was brought in to try to make a timely DOJ approval more of a certainty. There's a big difference between being a passive investor and having majority ownership. If NWA/DAL end up having to do some divestment to get DOJ approval NWA's share of MEH could end up for sale(after they make a substantial payment to make TPG whole)........and the most likely buyer would be, you guessed it, AAI. All I know is that once the TPG deal closes MEH has no control over it's own destiny anymore.

Nobody knows what will happen next. I would expect that the TPG deal gets done but I don't see an immediate NWA buyout because that would require another DOJ review that would take longer than the first one. Also, if NWA has majority ownership in MEH it further complicates any DOJ review of any possible DAL/NWA merger. If NWA could have just bought MEH they would have done it. I think that TPG was brought in to try to make a timely DOJ approval more of a certainty. There's a big difference between being a passive investor and having majority ownership. If NWA/DAL end up having to do some divestment to get DOJ approval NWA's share of MEH could end up for sale(after they make a substantial payment to make TPG whole)........and the most likely buyer would be, you guessed it, AAI. All I know is that once the TPG deal closes MEH has no control over it's own destiny anymore.

no there would not be another approval as the buyout is a provision contained WITHIN the current deal, and thus they would be already approving that. the word we are hearing is that the DOJ is treating this as a NWA buyout.

MEH would have as much control over it's future as any other private enterprise. AAI without MEH has no need for more 717's. imo, they will be getting rid of theirs.

no there would not be another approval as the buyout is a provision contained WITHIN the current deal, and thus they would be already approving that. the word we are hearing is that the DOJ is treating this as a NWA buyout.

MEH would have as much control over it's future as any other private enterprise. AAI without MEH has no need for more 717's. imo, they will be getting rid of theirs.

Everything said in this post I have heard from numerous other sources. That is exactly why it is taking so long. They were using TPG to expedite the DOJ approval, meanwhile the DOJ was like hold on there tiger, we know what your up to. If it gets approved it will be approved as a possible total buyout from NWA.

Latest resources

Back