• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest fate with NWA/DAL merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I apologize for my participation in this "derailment," but I felt I had to share my first impressions.

Just like how I'd like to share the impression of my size 14 shoe with TH's fourth point of contact.

Not a problem, I got a laugh out of it. Should be an interesting month thats for sure. You secretly have the hots for CS.

I just figured it out! CL= Paris Hilton!!!

You secretly have the hots for CS.

:puke:

How about some warning, man. I just ate!

(Pardon me while I'd wipe off my laptop.)

You know TH and CS are going to take a roll in the cookie dough after TPG buys all their shares. Kinda like Woody and Demi in Indecent Proposal. Except Demi really was hot. :beer:

Down here in Atlanta, it appears that Delta will be merging with Northwest. Looks like KLM and Air France may be putting up money to assist with the transaction. FlyWolf, what is the general feeling around the house regarding this potential transaction. Does your management feel like TPG may walk away. DOJ probable is taking a potential Delta/NW merger into account when deciding on TPG/Midwest. Will TPG put up the remaining money if NW backs out? It has been very quiet on the Midwest front.

Eagle, our management have no doubt that the deal will be closed at the end of the month.

Citation, I wish that article came from TPG/NWA and not from the Midwest management.

I think its pretty obvious now.. AAI is going after MEH.. I said this a long time ago. All AAI has to do is go after the few routes that make MEH money, and MEH will be in deep, deep trouble. I wouldn't be suprised to see MKE-BOS sometime this year as well. AAI can do a lot with 4 gates. The next 6-10 months is going to be interesting..

I think its pretty obvious now.. AAI is going after MEH.. I said this a long time ago. All AAI has to do is go after the few routes that make MEH money, and MEH will be in deep, deep trouble. I wouldn't be suprised to see MKE-BOS sometime this year as well. AAI can do a lot with 4 gates. The next 6-10 months is going to be interesting..

If you can't join them, beat them. They just announced LGA this morning. I bet they'll skim a bit of the top from ME. What a battle. I wonder if Delta is saying to dump this (ME) and move on to the bigger and better things. All it will become is more debt, with no possibility of profitability, and one more hub in between CVG, DTW, MSP, and MEM. I wish all of the employees the best, but I do really want to see the stock tank and Tim take it for once instead of handing it out. I'd still call it robbery if he got $5 a share if it ever came to it.

Last edited:
From the Airtran MKE-LGA press release.

"Today's announcement is the first of several exciting new service initiatives for AirTran from Milwaukee in 2008."

Watching Atlanta and Orlando, I must admit AirTran knows how to get use out of gates. 30-35 minute turns is the norm and AirTran does it very well. Four gates will bring a great deal of flights out of MKE. I imagine you will see LGA, probable BOS, IAD or DCA, and then begin to connect those business cities with a few west coast cities....LAX, SFO, SEA, LAS, and PHX. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few international carribean destinations next year. AirTran wants a Midwest hub badly. They have done a lot of homework on MKE, I guess they will now put all that to use.

Word on the street is that AirTran will not be hiring any Midwest pilots that show up to the job fair this weekend in MKE. They are going to take all Skyway guys to hit MEH where it really hurts. Going to have a ton of cancelled Skyway flights due to lack of crews once AirTran runs some classes.

From the Midwest guys Ive talked to the rumor going around is TPG deal is finalized by the end of the month no doubt with NW wanting to buy them out by summer already.

Latest resources

Back