• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest ALPA MEC rescinding their support for management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Midwest is going to be sold eitherway then I would much rather see Airtran as th new owner. A lot of our pilots feel the same way.

I second that.

Where do they find these managers that think they can negotiate concessions for labor (status quo / inflation) without getting an agreement with labor first?

This is not like selling a car from your lot. This is like selling someone else's car without their consent.

Last edited:
Hey FlyWolf...im not calling your a liar or anything but is there any official source for the claim? I was really shocked the way the MEC came out on Sunday so public about the deal. I feel like there is egg on the face of the MEC if 4 days later he turns around and changes his mind.

Hey FlyWolf...im not calling your a liar or anything but is there any official source for the claim? I was really shocked the way the MEC came out on Sunday so public about the deal. I feel like there is egg on the face of the MEC if 4 days later he turns around and changes his mind.

Its true. It came out via email in an ALPA fastread.

Yes, it came via email and its on the MEA ALPA website.

No the big stink is that the MEH management told ALPA that the deal depended on an extended contract. Then the union finds out that it never was a part of the deal, but management wanted it so TPG could raise their offer if they had to. So, once again, being lied to by the board.

Yes, that is what I heard too and the MEC is not happy at all. I am glad they told the company NO, THANKS.

Yes, that is what I heard too and the MEC is not happy at all. I am glad they told the company NO, THANKS.

100% agree. we'll find out tomorrow morning.

Good for u guys !!....After nine and a half years at nwa.. I can tell you life will be better at AirTran ....period.... Those NWA lawyer-MBA numskulls will keep you guys in a slow spiral till you are no threat and then move into your gates and flyin..... What was Champion created for? as soon as the threat is gone they will drop you like lead weight !! Thank goodness your MEC has some sense... The best future is to 'hook up' with the Tranny. You keep your flying...get a raise...future growth...most likely do the same flyin you always have..with the same folks...and have some solid security as a significant player in the domestic market !! You think the ATL rednecks are gonna head nord to MKE....not.....and the Cookie crowd isn't going to ATL...we all know that !!! Fair integration....security ....future growth....better pay....more jets.... more routes.....more pilots....duhhhh... That's why red rudder is pissed.....if they wanted u...... they would buy u and integrate the pilots....??? WTFO....it should be a no brainer for the hard workin...intelligent..competent pilots of Midwest Airlines ! I say we hook up and put an end to the bullshiess..... just sick of the money institutions ruining regular hard workin guys security ...retirement...stability .......thanks for listening....peace...se you guys on the line......buy ya'll a miller anytime at the Landmark !!!

Latest resources

Back