Midwest ALPA MEC rescinding their support for management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyWolf

Today the Midwest MEC passed a resolution to rescind their endorsement of management’s plan to remain independent.

Last edited:
A lot have happened between the company and the union just in the last 2 days, let me put it this way, its ugly.

Might have a lot to do with this... what i have been hearing is that one of the stipulations of the TPG deal was that the Midwest pilots had to extend their agreement and cost structure.

Last edited:
Might have a lot to do with this... what i have been hearing is that one of the stipulations of the TPG deal was that the Midwest pilots had to extend their agreement and cost structure.
That doesn't sound so bad if you could remain a stand alone company. Money and work rules aren't everything.

Whoa, wait a second...

How the hell does an outside bidder think they can get the union to give a concessionary contract extension as part of their bid?

Wouldn't that be kind of like asking a car salesman to buy your gas for a year if you buy the car his boss is selling?

WTF?

No the big stink is that the MEH management told ALPA that the deal depended on an extended contract. Then the union finds out that it never was a part of the deal, but management wanted it so TPG could raise their offer if they had to. So, once again, being lied to by the board.

Boy, sounds like Timmy is trying to avoid the Airtran deal at the expense of his shareholders and now his employees. You guys are truly better off going with the Airtran deal and now the MEC knows this as well.

If Midwest is going to be sold eitherway then I would much rather see Airtran as th new owner. A lot of our pilots feel the same way.

Latest resources

Back