• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa CRJ-900s - Questions.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey - sorry if some people didn't understand my sarcasm.... I realize flying into blowing snow at Syracuse would be extremely challenging...

I just didn't like 328 Dude's tone - I ain't no "young pup." Did anyone else notice his demeaning tone? I know that PSA will get the CRJs vs. ERJs - and my statement was not meant to be derogatory at all - sorry if you guys misunderstood.

As far as drawing a line is concerned, that is understood, but USAirways guys should not expect the "big bucks" any time soon anyway - I personally think that getting furloughed pilots back into the cockpit flying the 705 varient (at a negotiated wage hopefully close to the EMB-190 Capt/FO wages) would be preferrable to the mainline guys - and it would be good for the PSA guys as well because fewer mainline guys would be sitting in your seats over a long period of time. For a mainline pilot, flying in-house on the 705 varient would probably be preferrable to flying in a j4j position. Am I wrong?

Now, back to the CRJ-900 question. Any Mesa guys out there who have flown this bird?

apology accepted heavy set.

everyone lets play nice

to administrator: we need a flame and sarcasm board.

Pretty comfortable.

I haven't flown it, but I've been a passenger in the back of a 900 many times. Personally I think it's at least as if not more comfortable than a lot of the mainline jets (especially older ones like the MD-80 or DC-9) that I've ridden on. At least you'll never be stuck in a center seat trying to suck your elbows into your ribcage.

The jumpseat sucks though, two hours in that thing would really suck. The only real difference I can tell right away in the cabin is that the overhead space is a lot smaller.

A CRJ 705 being a 900 with the 76 seats... skip the whole pilot pay and all of the other issues but what a dream flight for the passengers in back. Being 6'5" it would be great riding this as opposed to the center seat back row of a scarebus 320...

Also try and remember everyone, that not all at Freedom are the F*ckers that helped start the thing.

Several of them are memebers in good standing with ALPA that went over, with ALPA's blessing (and request I might add), and kept some of those alter ego boys from ever sitting up front.

700/900

Other post so far are is pretty close.
Bombadier lowered the floor 1 inch and raised the windows giving the feel of more room.
Up front is a definite improvement over the 200. 700/900 identical up front except for one flap speed difference.
Much more automation in the bleeds and fire system etc. Hoever being an A/C aircraft often is necessaryu to shift/alt/delete.
The 700 has a lot more power than the 900 both will do close to .85 both will climb out faster than the packs/pressure sys can keep up.
Both are a bitch to land with the straight gear (200 as trailing edge) the 900 is worse, the ass end likes to fall out of the sky at 10-20 feet.
All of the 7/9's have 6 1st class which is nice!:D

Hey Mesa guys,

Don't start bragging so soon that your going to be flying 70 seaters at US Airways. You guys signed a letter of Intent. This is not a done deal yet. I find it amazing how your company continues to win new contracts at the expense of everyone else. I know this isn't the pilots fault completely, but ALG amd PDT really got screwed bad over the RJ plans. I hope these airplanes end up being sent to a wholly owned where they belong. I'm tired of US Airways contracting all their flying out to substandard companies.

Heavy set
I guess you have figured it our by now. Ask a question and then sift through the immature replies to find what your looking for. I wish at times this BB has some process to verify name, age and professional standing. Might send the kids somewhere else.

Mesajock
I have heard that the 50 and 90 seaters are roughly the same in performance, any truth to that? . As you posted, the 70 is the stud of the family. What is your normal cruise Mach number in the 70?
Thanks.

meanstreak I'm tired of US Airways contracting all their flying out to substandard companies

What makes Mesa so substandard,wouldnt that make the WO's also substandard!

Heavy Set: Sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

Mainline pilots screwed their furloughed brothers by sending managment packing with no place to send this airplane. (705). Crystal City had no choice but to switch the order around. We had some serious concerns about bringing this airplane to PSA. Let me address a few. I recieved alot of phone calls from FO's chomping at the bit about bringing this airplane here at 100 percent so that they could upgrade ASAP. THat's not the case. If the 705's came here at 100 percent flown by mainline, PSA could fly 25 CRJ's staffed 100 percent by PSA pilots. However, this 25 aircraft staffed 100 percent by PSA is for any aircraft AFTER the 705. There was no guarentee that we would get anymore aircraft beyond the 60 CRJ's. Many people thought that the the First 25 CRJ's we got would be 100 percent us. That was not the case.
If the 705 came to PSA 100 percent mainline, they would ultimatly have more furoughed pilots on the senority list than PSA pilots. We felt uneasy about this because they would have the majority vote for MEC Elections, and so on, and could certainly vote the right's of PSA pilots away.
Third, Base rights. Say they will fly the 50 seaters and the 70 seaters out of Dayton. Then a few onths later, Crystal City says that they want to move the 50 seaters to Jackson, Mississippi. They would have no choice but to move.
PDT and ALG had alot of the same concerns, but now they have to deal with some very tough decisions in the near future.

Latest resources

Back