Mesa CRJ-900s - Questions.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I just watched a MESA CRJ-900 land at Burbank - it looked like an America West MD-80.... I couldn't believe how long it was. A few questions for the lucky Mesa guys who get to fly this elongated airplane:

1. How many CRJ-900s does Mesa have on order to fly with America West? What is the expected delivery rate?

2. How many will be flown for USAirways? Where will they be based - Charlotte? Starting when?

3. If you fly the CRJ-900, how do you like it compared to the 50 or 70 seat versions? What are the plusses and minuses? As a passenger, I am sure it is cramped after 2 hours...

Well, I was impressed with how the CRJ-900 looked, now I'd like to hear more about what it is like to fly. Thanks for your comments.

P.S. To the USAirways ALPA negotiators who threw away the opportunity to fly this bird for their members, great job! I am sure their members will love to fly FO on an ERJ out of Dayton instead... Well, USAirways pilots' loss is Mesa's gain... Great news for the Mesa guys....

i wouldnt call these pilots "lucky" to fly them...ask them what they get paid...plus they are probably those freedom sc*mbags that applied and worked there while alpa told them not to since it was an alter-ego airlines

Sorry to bust your bubble Heavy Set, but apparently your not very well informed about the plight at Airways or ALPA.

Mesa will be flying CRJ700 under Airways colors. The 705 varient is a 900 series fuselage with 76 seats.

I assume your talking about the 50 seaters in Dayton right? Well, it's the CRJ not the ERJ.

Keep trying young pup, youll eventually get it right. Better get back to the end of the runway to watch more come over head.

To answer your questions:

1. Mesa has a firm order for 25 CRJ-900's to fly under America West codeshare.

2. None will be flown for US Airways, they have a scope limit at 70 seats, the CRJ-700 is the biggest airplane Mesa can fly for US Airways.
The only base for the CRJ-900 is Phoenix.

In the new Mesa contract, the CRJ-900 rate tops out at $104.39, with an 80hr line it should add up to $108,565 per year.

Heavy Set said:
I just watched a MESA CRJ-900 land at Burbank - it looked like an America West MD-80.... I couldn't believe how long it was. A few questions for the lucky Mesa guys who get to fly this elongated airplane:

1. How many CRJ-900s does Mesa have on order to fly with America West? What is the expected delivery rate?

That would be "THE FREEDUMB SCABS" I would not call them lucky, they made the choice to work there. A lot of them are mesa mgt people, fu#$ dumb$$ scabs. I dont care if the list is merged, your still a scab. You guys swallowed J.O.'s load. How did it taste.

Hey 328 dude,

Have you ever landed a 747 in Hong Kong or Dubai? Nope. Didn't think so... Good luck. I am furloughed you a$$hole. I watched the aircraft land as I was driving by - young pup. Let me guess, you have problems with your manhood and you have to put others down to feel better? I knew it.

I am well aware of the USAirways situation and the 705 varient - I have read all of the articles and I have many friends who currently work at mainline who are not fully aware of the regional plans. I am also VERY WELL AWARE of the MESA pay situation and the arguments - I did not intend to address them with these questions...

My questions were directed more to the Mesa pilots who fly the CRJ-900. It is a nice looking airplane - ain't it? I can ask questions in this forum - can't I? Is that ok 328 dork?

So 328 dude, how long before you join a major? 10-15 years? Good luck with all of the other regional JET pilots and mainline furloughees out there.

I appreciate any of the Mesa guys who want to answer the questions. Thanks.

It's real tuff doing a ILS, BFD. How about a circling app at night in the blowing snow at MTJ, HDN, ASE. Yeah I thought not.

Heavy Set said:

P.S. To the USAirways ALPA negotiators who threw away the opportunity to fly this bird for their members, great job! I am sure their members will love to fly FO on an ERJ out of Dayton instead... Well, USAirways pilots' loss is Mesa's gain... Great news for the Mesa guys....

You make me sick! this just shows how ill informed you are. first of all they wont be flying ERJ's out of Dayton, because we are getting CRJ's. Second, Im glad they didn't let the CRJ 705's come to any of the wholy owneds. It's called drawing a line. If they were to let the 705's come here what else would be next? The mainline pilots can't let managment keep trying to break the scope. you should know somthing about that mr. 12000 hour super pilot. get a life!

That last one was by me.

Hey, sorry Rizzo i didnt know that i was posting under your name. I guess you were still logged in at Charlotte.

Heavy:

1) 25 -900's to HP, with 5 on certificate at Freedom Airlines now and approx. 1 a month for the next 18 months.

2) As was posted, only the -700 will fly for US, as well as our "supposed" new UA deal.

3) I have not flown on a 700 or 900 ( I am Mesa, not Freedom), but have heard the extra power is nice, and many of the 200 bugs have been rectified. Pax seem to like the 1st class seating and the new, higher windows.

Latest resources

Back