• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa buys PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
#7 makes me laugh. 100 Million Dollars. Don't stop with PSA, Mesa should buy and rule the world!

Actually CASH is king. Mesa is missing that piece of the puzzle. They are dumping their lease and SCREWING their creditors. That'll make it harder for them to get financing to acquire larger aircraft later on.

But good luck and keep drinking the kool-aid.

eP.

According to Google Finance, http://www.google.com/finance?q=OTC:MESAQ&fstype=ii, Mesa has always enjoyed a positive operating cash flow. Net losses in cash appear from bigger losses in financing activities, which, during a bankruptcy, are all suspended. Scroll to the previous page, and even with a decliing net worth (more current numbers not posted), total equity is north of $90M. Thus my $100M comment: whatever they have now + DL settlement + continued positive cash flow + new investments should be more than $100M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Rocket
The market for 50 (and under) seats is done.
You really are stupid.

Consider http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/dec2009/db2009124_470222.htm

So why is it ONLY Mesa in BK? According to you, everyone from Great Lakes to SkyWest should be bankrupt.

Skywest has better management
Eagle, AMR has the cash
Coex mama CAL has the leases
PSA mama USAIR has the leases
Comair mama DAL did that already
Republic mama Wexford has a lot of money and it shows.

Sure, if current trends continue, the companies you mentioned could lose financial ground, or go bankrupt. Nothing is off the table. I am curious about your statements, though, and wonder what would happen if:

1. Skywest unionizes with ALPA, which puts the brakes on Skywest’s growth and “large small jet” flying.
2. AMR: http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:AMR&fstype=ii is negative cash flow and negative massive amounts of cash. Not sure what evidence supports the “AMR has the cash” comment.
3. CO and UA merge, and throw another 1/3+ of regional feed under the bus.
4. PSA: Don’t understand this. Parker will slit anyone’s throat for a few million dollars.
5. Republic: Employing the strategy of becoming its own major (mentioned in other posts).

Watched the USAIR town hall meeting yesterday and President Scott Kirby stated this is a good time to get rid of Mesa's 200's and renegotiate the 900 contract. This would probably also open up phoenix to other express carriers.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a done deal. Mesa and Big Mesa (AWA) have been in bed for decades. In the 90’s, AWA borrowed money from Mesa to avoid closing its doors. If a new express carrier emerged in PHX, it would solely be to manage US’ risk (similar to how DL diversified CVG)… if the second express carrier can match Mesa’s new price.

1. Mesa declares bankruptcy (done).
2. Gets rid of all ERJs, -200s, Dash-8s.
3. Left with 53 aircraft: all -700s and -900s (~13 with UA, balance with US), all in place with financing and utilization.
5. Lowers costs another ~20% with re-negotiated leases, less overhead, etc. I would doubt that Bombardier will redo any leases on 700 & 900s with Mesa. Look for those owned by Bombardier to go to someone else with a better management team.
8. Makes Parker a deal for contract extension of current -900 flying at lower cost (Mesa most competitive regional now after BK), which... Mesa is done at USAIR.
10. Mesa "Regional Airline of the Year" 2011.

..../

If I was a moderator, any posts with titles that suggest that something has happened, when in fact it's just mental masturbation, would result in the OP being banned.

Seriously, it's one of my biggest pet peeves with this place.

Sure, if current trends continue, the companies you mentioned could lose financial ground, or go bankrupt. Nothing is off the table. I am curious about your statements, though, and wonder what would happen if:

1. Skywest unionizes with ALPA, which puts the brakes on Skywest’s growth and “large small jet” flying.
2. AMR: http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:AMR&fstype=ii is negative cash flow and negative massive amounts of cash. Not sure what evidence supports the “AMR has the cash” comment.
3. CO and UA merge, and throw another 1/3+ of regional feed under the bus.
4. PSA: Don’t understand this. Parker will slit anyone’s throat for a few million dollars.
5. Republic: Employing the strategy of becoming its own major (mentioned in other posts).

Those were NOT my comments, but your loverboy's sniper. Re-read your own thread and your posts.

eP.

Hold up there Scooter! First of all it was a question, not a response. And If you had more than a 3rd grade level of comprehension over the english language you would've understood what I was asking. Two seperate responders were able to answer the question. And no one in the room listened to it, they read it. So, I award myself points and may God have mercy on your soul. Jacka@s !!

According to Google Finance, http://www.google.com/finance?q=OTC:MESAQ&fstype=ii, Mesa has always enjoyed a positive operating cash flow. Net losses in cash appear from bigger losses in financing activities, which, during a bankruptcy, are all suspended. Scroll to the previous page, and even with a decliing net worth (more current numbers not posted), total equity is north of $90M. Thus my $100M comment: whatever they have now + DL settlement + continued positive cash flow + new investments should be more than $100M.

100 million dollars makes me laugh because you think it's sooo much money. Hence the reference to Dr. Evil.

2008 Annual Report said:
Our fleet expansion program has required a significant increase in our leverage.

The airline business is very capital intensive and we are highly leveraged. For the year ended September 30, 2008, our debt service
payments, including principal and interest, totaled $97.0 million and our aircraft lease payments totaled $227.0 million. We have
significant lease obligations with respect to our aircraft and ground facilities, which aggregated approximately $1.9 billion at
September 30, 2008. As of September 30, 2008, our potential growth strategy involves the acquisition of ten more CRJ-700 regional
jets. As of September 30, 2008, we had permanently financed all aircraft delivered under our agreement with Bombardier. There are
no assurances that we will be able to obtain financing for the ten CRJ-700 future aircraft deliveries or find suitable used CRJ-700.

There can be no assurance that our operations will generate sufficient cash flow to make such payments or that we will be able to
obtain financing to acquire the additional aircraft necessary for our expansion. If we default under our loan or lease agreements, the
lender/lessor has available extensive remedies, including, without limitation, repossession of the respective aircraft and, in the case of
large creditors, the effective ability to exert control over how we allocate a significant portion of our revenues.

Those bolded words are the reason Mesa will fail!

And this is only one IF of so many that Mesa has. Mesa declared bankruptcy because they CAN'T pay their creditors. They owe more than $90 million. The only way they'll restructure is if their creditors allow them to.

This isn't a "happy-go-lucky we're going to turn Mesa into the best regional airline ever" bankruptcy, it's a "last ditch effort by a scumbag to continue to rape his employees, creditors and an industry in his sole interest of making a buck" bankruptcy.

Good luck, MESA SUCKS!

eP.

I would not want to be at Mesa now (or ever).

eP.

Last edited:
100 million dollars makes me laugh because you think it's sooo much money. Hence the reference to Dr. Evil.

Those bolded words are the reason Mesa will fail!

And this is only one IF of so many that Mesa has. Mesa declared bankruptcy because they CAN'T pay their creditors. They owe more than $90 million. The only way they'll restructure is if their creditors allow them to.

This isn't a "happy-go-lucky we're going to turn Mesa into the best regional airline ever" bankruptcy, it's a "last ditch effort by a scumbag to continue to rape his employees, creditors and an industry in his sole interest of making a buck" bankruptcy.

Good luck, MESA SUCKS!

Wow!....thats powerful. Sounds like every airline.

The only thing DUMBED is me for having to read what you retards write. How hard is it to read what you post BEFORE you post it?

I doubt that NWA, UAL, DAL or USAIR ever DUMBED anything during bankruptcy. It's not like the B is right next to the P.

..........annnnnnnnnnnnd BREAK..........

Well said.

DC9, DC10, 737,

GOT NEW A330, NG737

Latest resources

Back