• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa buys PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
today in the monthly crew news session at the training center in CLT Doug told us all that Mesa was gonna stick around as far as Airways is concerned. I call BS seeing as how nearly everything he says ends up turning out to be the complete opposite of what actually happens.

Maybe you guys can answer a question for me. For those of you who've flown the 50 seat airplanes, i.e. the 145 and/or the cr200, and who now fly/or have flown the 70-90 seaters, i.e. the cr7 & 9, or the jungle buses, what is the fuel burn difference? Are the extra 20-40 seats justified on a per seat/mile basis? Becasue it seems to me the larger ones cost about the same to operate as the smaller ones, only you get the extra seats to sell. But, I don't know that's why I'm asking you guys.

Maybe you guys can answer a question for me. For those of you who've flown the 50 seat airplanes, i.e. the 145 and/or the cr200, and who now fly/or have flown the 70-90 seaters, i.e. the cr7 & 9, or the jungle buses, what is the fuel burn difference? Are the extra 20-40 seats justified on a per seat/mile basis? Becasue it seems to me the larger ones cost about the same to operate as the smaller ones, only you get the extra seats to sell. But, I don't know that's why I'm asking you guys.

Omg! Okay, nevermind! Grrrrrrr.......

Movie qoute time
Mr. smartelephant/dummy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's true. The 700 and 900 are incrementally more expensive to acquire and operate, but bring in MEGA revenue. That's why the 50 seat operators want to get out of them and get into bigger RJ's.

The fuel burn is around the same between the 700 and the 200. So yes, you answered your own question. They are more fuel efficient for the payload they carry, thus more highly sought after.

How many aircraft NWA, UAL, DAL, USAIR Dumbed during BK and how many new they bought

The only thing DUMBED is me for having to read what you retards write. How hard is it to read what you post BEFORE you post it?

I doubt that NWA, UAL, DAL or USAIR ever DUMBED anything during bankruptcy. It's not like the B is right next to the P.

..........annnnnnnnnnnnd BREAK..........

WSurf said:
Mr. smartelephant/dummy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Well said.

eP.

So why is it ONLY Mesa in BK? According to you, everyone from Great Lakes to SkyWest should be bankrupt.

Skywest has better management
Eagle, AMR has the cash
Coex mama CAL has the leases
PSA mama USAIR has the leases
Comair mama DAL did that already
Republic mama Wexford has a lot of money and it shows.

Except this is what your boyfriend claimed the reason why Mesa declared bankruptcy:
sniper's lover Taco Rocket said:
The market for 50 (and under) seats is done. The regional airlines in trouble are all stuck with these aircraft in a declining market.

That is what happened to Mesa. Mesa is in bankruptcy because it expanded rapidly with now (economically) obsolete aircraft and could not dump them when the market began to turn, and fuel prices began to rise. Cost competitiveness is not in this analysis because it plays little to no role when attempting to dump leases. Bankruptcy does.

Mesa is a fee-for-departure airline, why is it they operate at a loss year after year? I'll give you a hint: It's not the obsolete aircraft or high fuel prices.

eP.

Last edited:
Watched the USAIR town hall meeting yesterday and President Scott Kirby stated this is a good time to get rid of Mesa's 200's and renegotiate the 900 contract. This would probably also open up phoenix to other express carriers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back