• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa buys PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa's other MAJOR problem, is that their on time reliability and performance sucks!! The infrastructure required to support an airline of that size who codeshares with several mainline partners is not present. It wasn't present at my airline until Skywest bought us and dumped some money into the place, i.e. Realignment/organization of our maintenance dept, ASAP, FOQA, AQP, ACARS Weight and Balance, econ speed, pdc, etc. Mesa may have this technology, I am not sure, but what is for sure is that JO hasn't taken the revenue that MESA has made over the last 7-9 years and reinvested it into the operation to give the pilots the tools necessary to do their job safely and efficiently. Instead he lined his pockets. In this business you have to spend money to make money. I wish our ALPA brothers and sisters at MESA all the best, and I wish for JO what he deserves. As Delta mgmt says "Good Goes Round"! Good Luck Johnny!!

Mesa's other MAJOR problem, is that their on time reliability and performance sucks!! QUOTE]

The problem with this is if you go back 24, 48, 64 months you will see that Mesa has had better D-0 and A14 numbers then ASA almost EVERY month, so why is ASA GROWING? B/C Skywest has CASH and is buying it. Mesa problems are they have NO cash.

Mesa's other MAJOR problem, is that their on time reliability and performance sucks!!

The problem with this is if you go back 24, 48, 64 months you will see that Mesa has had better D-0 and A14 numbers then ASA almost EVERY month, so why is ASA GROWING? B/C Skywest has CASH and is buying it. Mesa problems are they have NO cash.

Mesa calls off the gate on time over the radio. It's no secret.

Just make up BS

Mesa's other MAJOR problem, is that their on time reliability and performance sucks!! The infrastructure required to support an airline of that size who codeshares with several mainline partners is not present. It wasn't present at my airline until Skywest bought us and dumped some money into the place, i.e. Realignment/organization of our maintenance dept, ASAP, FOQA, AQP, ACARS Weight and Balance, econ speed, pdc, etc. Mesa may have this technology, I am not sure, but what is for sure is that JO hasn't taken the revenue that MESA has made over the last 7-9 years and reinvested it into the operation to give the pilots the tools necessary to do their job safely and efficiently. Instead he lined his pockets. In this business you have to spend money to make money. I wish our ALPA brothers and sisters at MESA all the best, and I wish for JO what he deserves. As Delta mgmt says "Good Goes Round"! Good Luck Johnny!!

Where do you get your facts? Mesa's reliability and performance does not suck. They are the number one carrier in Airways and Delta and are number 2 in UAL system. Mesa is also leading the industry in the introduction of AQP, FOQA, and ASAP. In fact they are the only regional to have AQP for Pilots, FA's and Dispatchers. They also lead the industry in the use "Aero data" fuel management technology.

Before you come on here anonymously and denigrate any company please do some homework and check your facts. How do you know what infrastructure investments Mesa has made?

Shame on you

Mesa's integrity

Mesa calls off the gate on time over the radio. It's no secret.

First of all - all of Mesa's United Aircraft have acars and times are automatically generated. If Mesa was calling in false departure times (which they are not) how would it matter the contract measures A-14. If either Delta or Airways thought for a minute that Mesa was somehow manipulating these numbers there would be an army of auditors to verify.

Mesa's performance numbers are accurate, and they are industry leading.

First of all - all of Mesa's United Aircraft have acars and times are automatically generated. If Mesa was calling in false departure times (which they are not) how would it matter the contract measures A-14. If either Delta or Airways thought for a minute that Mesa was somehow manipulating these numbers there would be an army of auditors to verify.

You may operate your aircraft honestly. Many many many of your fellow Mesa pilots do not. I would call you a liar, but you are probably only talking about how you operate your own flights. Everyone knows there are way too many Mesa flights that depart late, and call in on-time.

Guys, I can speak for Mesa Air Group because I was one of you a few short years ago. I flew the 1900D on the AMW and Mesa Certificate in CLT, PIT, and SHD. I know how the program or lack there of over there works. I live in ILM and I REGULARLY ride MESA ratted out CRJ-900's that are NEVER ON TIME or are always in MAINTENANCE! I am not blaming you Mesa supporters, i.e. Mesa Pilots, I am just telling you my personal experience. If Mesa's DAL fee for departure performance is so good then why is DAL trying so hard to get rid of MESA ? I made it very clear in my post that I was not taking a stab at the Mesa Pilot's however im just making an observation that I have personally seen and experienced as a passenger on Mesa and as a former employee.
Beantown (be careful who you talk to here, I worked with you at CCAir ;)) you are EXACTLY right, ASA had no cash and had no management until Skywest bought us. My post was very clear that ASA had no performance or growth until skywest bought us and put some money and some leadership over here. What people fail to realize is that Mesa has no MANAGEMENT!!! Do you get it ? JO is no leader !! MESA is done, I love it when people get all defensive because they work for a jerk, So long Johnny!!!

Are you kidding? Airways is gonna have a army of auditors to verify? If you are 10 minutes late off the gate believe me US Airways will be happy that you called it on time. Of course you be foolish to try and call a 30 minute late plane on-time. But on-time performance is just as important to US Airways.

Latest resources

Back