• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Longest Regional flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats the dorkiest question ever asked on FI?

This one?

Others?

Too many dork pilots who sit around and think of stuff like this .... thats for sure.

Actually...a while back, some guy asked..."who/where is the yougest 747 captain". I only read the first few posts...then dropped it, but it got some milage though.

Agreed. It'll be interesting when our (Jetblue) new payrates are signed. I believe I'll be getting more (3rd yr FO) than their (whoever is flying 190s for Midwest) CAs. I haven't seen their payrates, but thats what I've heard.

Wow, you mean to say that your NEW payrates might be significantly better than our 6 year old payrates? Who'da thunk it!

Whats the dorkiest question ever asked on FI?

This one?

Others?

Too many dork pilots who sit around and think of stuff like this .... thats for sure.
Some find it pretty interesting to see which routes regionals are now flying, instead of Majors. It should open some eyes, and the unions should get involved to put an end to regional flights at excede 90-120 minutes in legnth.
Now go back to trying to figure out who the youngest 747 pilot is.

Correction: ETOPS = Engines Turning Or Passengers Swimming

RAH has operated the E170 on routes such as Salt Lake to Matzatlan, Atlanta to St. Croix, JFK to San Antonion, and Milwaukee to LAX.
This is sad. I had one RAH FA bragging about how they go from ORD-DEN then onto somewhere in New Mexico.
These planes belong at mainline, but we all know what happened with that

Wow, you mean to say that your NEW payrates might be significantly better than our 6 year old payrates? Who'da thunk it!

Um, no, he was saying his new payrate as an FO will be more than your CAPTAIN pay. I'm ex-RAH and defend you guys when you're bashed needlessly, but you're missing the point. The airplane should be operated by a mainline-type carrier, not one that pays its FOs 37/hr max. You're smoking crack if you think your negotiating team is gonna get career type wages out of the Reverend and his henchman Heller.

PS I'm gonna call bs to prefering any seat on a 900 to a 757 or Bus middle seat. In first class sure, but if you're in a window seat in coach it's just as miserable as the -200 since you still get a 1/4 inch thick seat cushion and 6 square inches to stuff your feet into.

Oh yeah? Well this one time, in like, a couple years ago, I was with....ummm...some pilots, and we, uh, we flew from some big azz city up by my Mom's house...and it took, like, all freaking day! Man, that was a long flight, prolly the longest one ever.

I personally don't know any regional guy who likes sitting in that airplane for more than 2 hours, let alone 3-4 hour legs.

I think it's a mental thing. I hated doing anything over 3 hours on the ERJ, but now I fly a Legacy and all of a sudden it's no big deal to do 5-7 hours in the same cockpit. I can't speak for the CRJ, but it's really not that bad....try 4 hours in a bravo or lear! you'll be begging for a RJ!

I could be mistaken, but I believe the Eagle ATR flight from San Juan to Port-of-Spain, Trinidad is as long or longer. Straight line distance is about 633 miles, but we always followed the Antilles chain around so it's longer than that.

I'll second that, the TJSJ to TTPP was blocked at 3:45 I think, it was definitely way too long to be over water at night in the ATR!!!!

Latest resources

Back