• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Longest Regional flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I once flew the EMB-120 Brasilia from DFW to YUL non-stop in 5+01 (only 14-pax).

PeanuckleCRJ said:
Pinnacle used to do DTW-AUS daily as well as MSP-SAV on occassion... my butt still hurts.

You're right, your butt does hurt from working at Pinnacle......

But that doesn't come from the long flights. That comes from being bent over and violated up the as$ from our management. Just thought I'd set the record straight. :D

I recently flew on a E90 from SEA-YYZ.

Headfake,

Did you notice I said ETOPS for RJ's. Like baby ETOPS.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

If you came from ASA cut your old ASA brother some slack.

IT WAS A JOKE!

I know CRJ's don't have the true ETOPS.

701EV

I missed the Joke idea....Didn't mean to come across with fangs, claws blazing. It's always bugged me when guys say "ETOPS" and not know what they're talking about when it's really EOW. Just one of those things...pet peaves (sp) I guess. Kind of like checking in saying "...with you".

OH god....I need a drink and beach.

Anyway...back to getting 'flat-ass' on the RJs.

Even though we can go 5+ hrs on the 190, I wouldn't recomend it with our pilot seats...AWEFUL. I'll the the CRJ (newer) seat over what EMB came up with. They should've just copied Airbus or Boeing.

Correction: ETOPS = Engines Turning Or Passengers Swimming

RAH has operated the E170 on routes such as Salt Lake to Matzatlan, Atlanta to St. Croix, JFK to San Antonion, and Milwaukee to LAX.

For what it is worth, since it has the same fuselage cross section and seating, and is coming soon to a regional near you, the E190 is regularly operated by US Airways from Filthadelphia to Denver.

How does India-no-place (IND) to Denver in a Metro sound? Non stop on a repo once. Ouch.

Longest turboprop flight is ANC-DUT at 686 miles.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the Eagle ATR flight from San Juan to Port-of-Spain, Trinidad is as long or longer. Straight line distance is about 633 miles, but we always followed the Antilles chain around so it's longer than that.

Friend of mine just did KROA to KLAS non stop for XJT Charter. 1684 NM 4:23 block. XJT also did LAX to ACA (Acapulco) when they were doing Delta stuff. 1432NM on the XR as well. This just proves the XR was the best 50 seater ever built. A 190 is not a RJ either. The DC-9 has a version which is smaller than the 190. So unless you consider the DC-9 an RJ, the 190 is out. Oh and it should not be at regional airlines or regional pay scales either, IMHO. I guess North America is the "region".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back