Lets review the history of merging lists

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sweptback said:
Sadly, SkyWest pilots have no motivation to push for one list. It's hard to understand the whipsaw process when you're the one benefiting from it. Also, there's going to be 1800 pissed off ASA pilots demanding DOH, mainly because all the growth (and resultant upgrades) has gone to the other side of the house. Plus, I guarantee not one person at SkyWest wants an Atlanta base.

SkyWest pilots also have this aura of invincibility, since ASA was acquired and therefore not "pure". Jerry will make all business decisions based on keeping the SkyWest pilots happy (not what will make the most money for his shareholders), and if ASA gets burned in the process, oh well. Keeping SkyWest pilots happy is key because of that pesky union organizing problem.

What I wrote above was pretty cynical, but honestly if I was a SkyWest pilot I would be against an ASA merger. Things are just too good over there in the short term to think rationally about how bad things could get in the long term without a merged list. Ask any ASA pilot right now if you need to know why!

Sweptback,

Just curious, how many Skywest pilots have you really talked to? :confused:

Sinca3 said:
Not to high jack the thread, but........
What if in these nonformal talks ALPA and mgmnt have we threw one list DOH under the skywest contract at our mgmnt? Would be intresting to see if they would bite! Then we could more easily get a union on property.
Just a thought

A better option would be to let the Skywest pilots have a representation vote first! That would be the best way to get a Union on the property, by their own choosing!

ILOVEBEER said:
In my seat I bid in the top 25%. Maybe so far I have been lucky, but my schedules are better with PBS than without.

I think that is the reason PBS works out for you... It still cripples your VAC however.

Latest resources

Back