• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lets review the history of merging lists

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to high jack the thread, but........
What if in these nonformal talks ALPA and mgmnt have we threw one list DOH under the skywest contract at our mgmnt? Would be intresting to see if they would bite! Then we could more easily get a union on property.
Just a thought

One list DOH under Zoltar, and I'd vote yes today. Of course Zoltar is perfectly timed by management just before ALPA cards go out. Hopefully Skywest pilots can see through the forest.

Back to the thread.......

What happened at Eagle prior to their onelist? Were all the seperate carriers part of the same union? What was managements resistance like? Did it go DOH?

ASApuppy said:
Of course Zoltar is perfectly timed by management just before ALPA cards go out. Hopefully Skywest pilots can see through the forest.

Since when did SKW management offer Zoltar?

I'm sure they have not formaly offered anything. Its call propaganda! I'm sure when it comes down to it, there will be a choice of Zoltar now, or ALPA and 4 years of backbreaking negotiations.

They (St George) are masters of raising speculations as needed. I've only been apart of it for a year or so and it amazes me how the tactics are being played out. You guys that have been sucking it down for years must be either real drunk or real numb by now. How is your QOL since PBS? Did you have a choice on that? Do you have any say in it at all? How do you like Your promised payrates on the 70?

Yes, I'd probably be happier working under the Skywest contract, but there is absolutely no friggen way on Earth I'd work in this industry without a union. The bottom line is that you guys only have it good out of fear of forming a union. Every raise you guys have ever received have come about the same time as union votes. Funny huh? When you get your butt caught in the ringer, who stands by your side? Cheapest insurance I know.

ILOVEBEER said:
Since when did SKW management offer Zoltar?

SGU didn't. Brad just said that he was willing to talk pay again .............. but we sure haven't seen much talking. It's been over a month (or thereabouts) since Brad said he needed to talk to Ron and Jerry. Nothing.

You can be sure that when the cards come out, he'll throw up his hands and feign disgust and frustration with the OC's incompetence and poor timing. Seems to happen every time. "We were so close! Now we have to wait until the cards are counted and see what the outcome is. Idiots!"

After the count is in, and the union is voted down (if that happens ............. hard to say what will happen if we actually unify and vote for a union........it's never happened.) Brad will walk away from the table saying there are other priorities right now and pay will have to take a back seat to something like new carpeting in the Puzzle Palace. It's the history of unions/"negotiations" at this company since I've been here.

Think folks, (SkyW pilots, specifically) ....................... if you repeat history you apparently aren't paying attention to the past. The definition of an insane person is one who does the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. Are you insane?

AF :cool:

Last edited:
ArcticFlier said:
Think folks, (SkyW pilots, specifically) ....................... if you repeat history you apparently aren't paying attention to the past.

Brain, you know what they say:

Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; and I'll break your f#ckin' legs.

I thought it was ......."fool me twice shame on me." I like your version better, though! :beer:

Oh btw.......who ever said I was a brain? he he

Beer,

You are actually the first Skywest pilot I've heard from that thinks PBS improved their QOL. Are they utilizing better (more crew friendly) rules? Or, is it just a matter of figuring out the program? Curious what your seat seniority percentage is. Top 10%?

ASApuppy said:
Beer,

Are they utilizing better (more crew friendly) rules?

Absolutely not. The days of crew friendly rules at SkyWest are long gone.

It is just a matter of figuring out the program (and being senior enough to hold the schedule you want). In my seat I bid in the top 25%. Maybe so far I have been lucky, but my schedules are better with PBS than without. I'm not sure if I can make an accurate comparison though, I am MUCH more senior now than I was with the old system.

That being said, it still scares the sh!t out of me to check my schedule after bids close.

-Beer

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back