• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many nights he spends in his own bed. My guess is...very few. And while I'm guessing...I'll bet dollars to donuts he's including per diem, retirement and likely rounding up.

Your results may vary.

You must not understand being "senior in category." Being a senior FO might mean making more than a Capt, primarily because you can pick up double pay trips etc, and still make lots of cash, for very few extra nights away. You can even do day trips that pay double, especially if you live in base. That way, you can sleep at home most nights.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wonder how many nights he spends in his own bed. My guess is...very few. And while I'm guessing...I'll bet dollars to donuts he's including per diem, retirement and likely rounding up.

Your results may vary.

I agree with the being away from home, unless it's turns and reserve days .

We have captains making over 350K. I would assume an FO could make 250 ,not counting company match 401k. And PS.

I agree with the being away from home, unless it's turns and reserve days .

We have captains making over 350K. I would assume an FO could make 250 ,not counting company match 401k. And PS.

I know several Lances that out earn me every year, and I'm a maxed out Capt.

Your results may vary.

He might be on the road a lot, or he might not be if he's flying premium time turns. I doubt he's going to the trouble to see what the per diem is and adding it back in. I'm close to 180 and I'm half way up the payscale. And that doesn't include per diem or retirement. If money is your deal, it's here. If time off is your deal, it's here too. Plenty of options.

Just imagine for a moment.

5.5-6 yr FO, early 30s, at SWA.
Still in the bottom 10% (believe it or not.)

Upgrade is a total of 20-21 years.

Morale is getting stinky here.
We've bungled Hawaii, Class 2 nav, our route structure, we're late.
Our CEO is more focused on saving money than growth.
Contract neg. are going nowhere.

Work rules are ok, pay is good.

Given the massive retirements coming, would you consider leaving for AA or Delta??

Why or why not?
Discuss.....

If you have less than 5 years with SWA i would say go to Delta hands down

He might be on the road a lot, or he might not be if he's flying premium time turns. I doubt he's going to the trouble to see what the per diem is and adding it back in. I'm close to 180 and I'm half way up the payscale. And that doesn't include per diem or retirement. If money is your deal, it's here. If time off is your deal, it's here too. Plenty of options.

If Lubbock or Midland is your deal, go to SWA...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back